Bought a plant, it's in "Pargro quick drain"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a plant, it's in "Pargro quick drain"

I bought my first plant from the local medical supply, and it's in "Pargro quick drain". I have no idea how to manage this. I guess I'd rather move it to dirt since I have no hydroponic equipment or experience. Any advice?

Additional information .... the cube is 6", so kinda big.

Comment

It's just a rockwool cube. If you supply nutes and moisture then the roots will grow into the medium. I use a similar cube to anchor my hydro grows in the netlids. I wouldn't see a huge issue if you wanted to transplant to soil so whatever makes you comfortable. If the seedling has developed a good root system then you will need to be able to safely remove the rockwool from the roots-this makes it seem like growing in the cube a safer choice.
      Last edited by gbauto; 12-21-2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Is a 6" cube big enough to support a whole plant?

Can I just water and feed the rockwool block, if I have no special hydroponic rig to keep it in?

Comment

The cube acts as a medium for the roots to grow into just like soil. The difference is that the rockwool doesn't add any nutrients like organic matter in soil will. You have to provide a means of applying enough water and nutes. The block should hold a indoor size plant but it will require some support like a basket/planter. The 4" blocks I use in my system keep the plants very secure(as in I have to hack out the root ball from the basket after harvest) so the Block you have should work.

Comment

Okay, I'm coming up to speed. I bought Fox Farms Grow Big 6-4-4 as suggested elsewhere, but I understand they also make a version for hydroponics. I wonder now if what I bought will provide everything the plant needs in rockwool.

I set up a 10 minute interval timelapse camera on the plant, and I can see that, after watering it yesterday, the leaves are invigorated. I think this will be a tool I can use to detect if the plant begins to wilt. Does anyone else use timelapse on a grow to monitor the plant's health?

Comment

Hi PP. Welcome.
              If you want to grow in soil you can easily place your rockwool cube in a pot with soil. Do not try and remove the plant form the rockwool. Just place it so the top of the rockwool cube is just below the surface of the soil. The roots will grow out of the cube and into the soil.

Comment

Working...
              X