LED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED

Well the wife was bidding at and auction site and got me a couple of PLATINUM LED LGROW LIGHT BARS. Look ok and my mate who works there said it turns on so I'm hoping we got a bargain £190 for both. suppose I will find out when I collect them wed or Thursday. has any one used these lights and are they any good..

I use platinum led's. So far they are a great light. The price you paid seems to be a very good price. I paid 500 cad (300 british pounds) for the 300 watt models, with both grow and bloom switches.

Comment

It turned out only to be one p600 but it looks good going to wait till I start a new crop with it. It has the grow and bloom switches to chad. all going on and working so fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi Coco. Let us know how this works out for you. We are always being asked about which LEDs are good. Cheers.

Comment

will do plugging it in this weekend. They are really heavy so need to make sure it's up right. One thing I did think about is, If I get no heat of it over here (Scotland) then I will need a heater. so kind of defeats that part of it. I will keep you all up dated on it tho.

Comment

Good luck on the new acquisition. I'm kind of in the opposite situation regarding environment. I grow upstairs in a walk-in closet and it does get a bit to toasty in the summer so growing right now solves that issue-plus I get a bit of added heat upstairs.

Comment

My mate grows in the czech republic when I went to his farm I was laughing Oh I wonder what shed your using the only one with steam coming of the roof ha. here in Scotland we just got snow so I'm hoping I'm not the only house in the street with no snow on the roof ha. That's it all in so I will let you all know how I get on..

Comment

well that's it up now put it up the other day and left it on veg for 2 days to get the plants used to it, just switched it over tonight so that's them on bloom now will keep you all informed.

Comment

I am running a second set through bloom now. Trying hard to manage height and distance from light to have less light stress, but they seem to love these lights. I have a second plant beside that is still under a Fluoro set and it literally reaches for the led.

Comment

Hi Coco, I grow with LEDs in Scotland. I use a wee green house heater during the winter as my loft can get pretty cold. Even with the heater the temps get pretty low sometimes. I reckon it's been down to single figures before now. Plants are thriving though. I know the general consensus is that you need temps up in the 20s, but my tent is hardly ever that warm. I reckon I average about 15. Remember that some of these strains, especially the old world indicas, come from harsher environments than ours.
                    Get yourself something like this mate. Cheap to run. It works for me.
                    Greenhouse Heater

Comment

cheers saturnalia I bought a couple of tube heaters low running cost 80w and 45w. I used to use them when I kept parots a couple of year back so know they don't cost much to run. should perhaps get and old paraffin heater that would help with the c02 as well ha.. the plants are doing really well good looking buds forming now. got a chain to lift the light a bit as they are heavy. need to cross a strain with a jaggy nettle here in Scotland lol.
                      How far from the top of the plant do you have these lights ?

Comment

going into week 4 looking good they are loving the led.

Comment

I keep my light about 18" to 2 ft above the canopy. I used to have it closer, then after watching some youtube videos I cranked it up a bit and it works better. Gives the tips a space to grow into. Not sure about your lights, but some of the LEDs have lenses so the light is actually focused a foot or more away. You can get them real close because of the lack of heat, but you're losing an element of the effectiveness. From the pics you look like you have is sussed mate.

Comment

Looking like they are pretty happy. I'll be looking for updates on their progress-with pics of course.

Comment

Urs look great,,mine don't look like that n I'm n week 8

Comment

Working...
                              X