No announcement yet.

How often should I change my water out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often should I change my water out?

Hi all.
    I am running a dwc, about 30 liters.
    I am almost done some nice Kalishnikova. My question is, I veged it for close to 3 months, never changing the water, just increasing the nutes. Once I wanted to bloom, I changed out the water and am in week #8. Again, I have never changed the water, just added nutes and increased them on a week by week basis. So, should I be changing my water more often? Will changing it to fresh from time to time help with growth?

I didn't notice that I have (had) any problems with it, but after some reading and research I sure would like to know what you all think.

I think that it's amazing that you haven't had an issue with root rot. Also, although the plants are using nutrients there will be an increased concentration of nuts that are not consumed. I would be worried about creating a nute lockout. If you are able to change the rez water, I would start to do that. On my RDWC system, I usually change the solution every 10-14 days.

Comment

Thank you, I will try a 14 day cycle. I don't think I have had an issue with root rot, when I last changed the water (about 6 days ago) everything looked white and healthy. Although, I had quite a bit of "slime" on the bottom. It also was white and seemed to me to be shed root material.

Comment

I was told every 10-14 days. so that's what I'm doing.

Comment

Working...
        X