What does dry out after flush mean?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does dry out after flush mean?

Hi guys. I have seen a couple of people refer to a 4 or 5 day dry out before returning to feeding.
    Could somebody please explain this to me?
    Also, should I be flushing prior to final flush?

personally I was growing in soil, I flushed, 7-10 days before I cut it down. I was giving them half strength feed anyway (was over feeding and a guy told me to half it so I did) so I fed them every day and it worked fine for me and tasted great. never heard of flushing before the final flush, but everyone has there own way, if it works do it

Comment

Thanks for the reply. By flush before final flush, I mean flushing before food inceases. Eg- 600ppm to 900ppm with a flush between the increase followed by a quick dry spell of 0 water. I run a DWC if it helps to know.
      Last edited by chad3179; 11-22-2016, 09:30 PM. Reason: This would really lengthen time to harvest.

Comment

If you watch the Green House grow guides with Arjan, they do a drought then flush at about 3 weeks and then 6 weeks then at the end (changes slightly for different strains). Check out some of their youtube grow guides. They are very informative. They also do an interesting comparison between soil and hydro too,

Comment

Lol. That's funny. That is where I heard it mentioned. (I believe anyhow). Never thought to look there though. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by chad3179 View Post
            Lol. That's funny. That is where I heard it mentioned. (I believe anyhow). Never thought to look there though. Thanks!
            Too bad. They don't seem to mention it per se. I would love to get the details on their technique a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by chad3179 View Post
              Too bad. They don't seem to mention it per se. I would love to get the details on their technique a little better.
              They are great videos eh....
              Like Cococeltic I can only refer to soil, but I used to like to flush when I flipped to 12/12. Again when the girls started their growth spurt at about 3 weeks into flowering, and then again just before harvest. It prevents a build up of nutes in the soil which can end up blocking out the roots. Sorry I can't be more specific for hydro....

Comment

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
                They are great videos eh....
                Like Cococeltic I can only refer to soil, but I used to like to flush when I flipped to 12/12. Again when the girls started their growth spurt at about 3 weeks into flowering, and then again just before harvest. It prevents a build up of nutes in the soil which can end up blocking out the roots. Sorry I can't be more specific for hydro....

Thanks! You have been a great help. I will try something close to your schedule and try to tweak it a bit for hydro. I knew about the end flush, and the mid -cycle ones you mention make sense also. How long is your duration? I think I can do mini 1 day flushes as they drink fast in a full hydro setup.

Comment

Working...
                X