No announcement yet.

First Time Hydroponic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Alright Alright lol. Ok people , ny first ever grow is over. Not too shabby , but not as good as I hoped either . Started with 3 Northern Lights , but lost one early on. It stunted and wouldn't grow at all. Finally died. Didn't have too many problems , but a couple things need to be corrected, tan spots on leaves and some clawing here and there through out the grow. Not too sure the problems were caused by to high of heat or nutes. I'd venture to say nutes since I got the heat under control pretty quick. I don't think I ever went over half the strength , the info on the bottles said to use , due to the clawing. The tan spots never seemed to get really bad , just here and there during most of the Grow. Used pH perfect Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom. I have to find some kind of receipe for nutes and any recommended additives,along with a schedule before my next starts , to try and prevent these issues. Discovered that a 4x4x6'7" tent isn't big enough for two plants, at least not for me, so ive now progressed to a larger size. The 8'x8'x7'3" Hydro Hut Fortress. Also , trying to see the trichomes was a real PITA. Everything I tried , USB microscopes and the 420 Scope were junk , at least for me. Turns out , "Thanks to Saturnalia" , all I needed was a 40x & 60x jewelers loupe
    Last edited by 2BSelfEfficient; 02-19-2017, 06:56 AM. Reason: Incorrect spelling

Comment

It's all good...I think that you'll find that different breeds react in different ways to nutrients, at least that's what I discovered. Best way I've found is to use a visual guide of nutrient deficiency or toxicity to tell me what's going on. Then I can make adjustments to my nutrient mix to address that problem. Wish it was 'Miracle Gro' simple but it hasn't been like it for me...

Comment

Ok , thanks. I'll see if I can find a good visual guide. Gonna try either Blue or Purple Kush next , or maybe some Pineaple Express, as long as their Indy dominant. All except for the trichome part , it was very enjoyable to grow my own meds. It's a way awesome thing , and I believe one of the prettiest plants created. Gonna do away with the plain ole bubble buckets and upgrade to a GH Water Farm. Gotta research it for a bit first though . So long as I can drain the entire system once every 5 to 7 days , without having to move the girls. It will be a done deal. Also , gotta find out a sure fire way to prevent algae from growing on the Hrdroton , since it's a drip ReCircDWC system. Loving this stuff guys, knowing what I'm getting and not possibly getting ripped off by street thugs is a great thing lol. 2BSelfEfficient is all I want.

Comment

Different strains will respond differently to nutes. In general the indicas should be more tolerant than the sativas. Just a generalisation though.
          By visual guide I think GBAuto is maybe saying use your eyes rather than the guide on the packet. Start off week, increase the strength until you see the first sign of claw or burn, then dial it back a notch. Hydro is much less forgiving than soil so keep a good eye on them.

Comment

Ok Thanks Saturnalia. I'll do that. I'm looking forward to my next Grow. Probably won't start until May though. Going on a vacation and don't think they would last for 19 or 20 days by themselves. That sucks too , because I really want to start again right now lol. But that will give me time to get the new set up together and ready to go. So when doing nutes in general, do you have a feeding idea to start out with . Should I start with say , a quarter of what it says to use ? Then go up from there a little at a time until I see the start of issues ? I know for sure , getting anywhere near the recommended feeding on the bottles would probably kill the girls straight up.

Comment

That's how I would do it. Maybe a hydro grower can give you more specific advice.

Comment

Working...
              X