First Time Hydroponic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Hydroponic

Hey Guys, new to the forums. I'm getting ready for my first ever grow . Rolling with a Hydroponic set up. Gonna grow 3 or 4 Northern Lights Auto Fem's at a time , Using a Max Yield Cabinet by Unique Hydroponics , under a 300 watt full spectrum LED lighting set up. Any and all tips, and or tricks would be greatly appreciated . Especially for this strain. I have some others , but bought the Northern Lights mostly. Also , I know next to nothing about this , hell , I don't even know what trichoms are , or what they look like . So fire away guys and gals. School me on the subject if you will .I need all the help I can get . I Also need in depth on how to tell when this strain is ready to chop down for hanging. From what I've read there's a window when it's best to chop and hang. Don't wanna miss it. Plan on starting germination on Monday .

Hi there. Welcome.
    I have little knowledge of hydro, but I have grown Northern Light on more than one occasion. It's a great strain and quite tolerant so probably a good choice for a first timer. There are a couple of hydro growers on here, hopefully they can help you more.
    My advice to you would be to read read read. I spent many nights reading and watching youtube videos before I started growing and it helped me out loads.
    The harvest window is very much about personal preference. It's an interesting subject, but don't get too hung up on it. The window for good smokable weed is actually quite wide. We'll help you out with that when we get closer to the time. Let's get them there first :-)

Comment

• 2BSelfEfficient
      2BSelfEfficient commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think there wouldn't be any . That's what I'm doing , tons and tons of reading , and Videos being watched. I'm determined to learn how to do this, but I'm sure there will be a learning curve. Hopefully the others can help with tips and tricks to make it an easier learn ,instead of total disaster lol. I think I'm just freaking myself out for nothing.

Haha! The freaking yourself out is normal. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

• 2BSelfEfficient
      Editing a comment
      No doubt lol. Have a question. What's a good material to line a Grow box. Can't seem to get a good answer. Some say Mylar , but say it degrades , some say foil , some say just flat white paint. Also saw something about some kind of "lay flat plastic" that's white on one side and black on the other

Mylar seems to be the most popular. Personally I would just use matt white paint. Excellent reflection and low maintenance. Mylar may be marginally more reflective but there are stories of mold and dirt getting in behind it. I use a tent at the moment, but when I have used cabinets/boxes white paint worked just fine. Cheaper too ;-)

Comment

Hi, ive been growing hydroponically for a couple of years now. there are very many different systems. I use a DWC recirculating system. What type of system are you using?

Comment

• 2BSelfEfficient
        Editing a comment
        Hey , I'm going DWC, but no recirc. Have 3 Northern Lights started. I returned the cabinet and got me a nice 4 x4 tent and two new Mars ll 400 watt Led grow Lights. I've learned a lot in the last few weeks. Now I have a question about the Lights. At present the seedlings are just under a 2 foot long t5 and only about 3 inches tall. Getting ready to move them to the tent . Their just in plugs right now, when should I move them to the hydro buckets & How far above the plants should I put the lights ? I've read so many things I'm not sure which to go with. Some people say 2 feet , some say 3 feet and I even read one post somewhere , where the guy said his were 5 feet 5 inches away . Although most of these posts were pretty old , and on other sites that I'm not a member of . Don't want them to stretch too much and fall over .

i've been growing for many years,but this year i decided to go hydro. i use a DWC system in a 2'x4'x7' tent with 2 300w full spectrum LED lights. i got two crops this year of white widow and just got new seeds of northern lights for the next grow. i think you will like the tent a lot, easy to control all the elements needed for a good crop. when you see roots starting to come out of the plugs that is when you need to move to the hydro buckets. i keep the lights about 2 feet above the canopy and have had good luck with that, i use a net about a foot over the plant to help support the plants when they start to get bigger. and use the LST system to keep the canopy somewhat even to take advantage of the lighting. i'm not an expert by any means, but i'm glad to help if i can. good luck on your grow, keep us informed.
      gary

Comment

hi I'm thinking of getting a 3x3x6 grow tent. also the mars grow light 700 watt do you think I could grow 4 plants in the tent ? I'm a first time grower also . what strain would be easy to grow. the tent I'm looking at is a complete package tent 700 watt led grow light exahst fan 4 inch
        Last edited by rob4545; 10-25-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

First time hydro dwc grow. I've got my system all set up.The one thing I'm worried about is the nutrients what should the nutrient levels in the container be Is it different for each stage and if so can someone please tell me or tell me were to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by agent47 View Post
            First time hydro dwc grow. I've got my system all set up.The one thing I'm worried about is the nutrients what should the nutrient levels in the container be Is it different for each stage and if so can someone please tell me or tell me were to get it.
            What brand of nutrients are you using? And being a beginner you should read up lots in the site as there is loads of info for you to use.

Comment

Flora brand

Comment

Im having amazing results with epsom product from walmart and a kelp micro green bottle also from walmart

Comment

Originally posted by agent47 View Post
                  Flora brand
                  I run a RDWC system and I kept the ppm levels at about 50% of what GH suggested until well into veg and then I let the plant tell me when it had enough. Simple systems, follow basic steps and it will grow some amazing meds.

Comment

Another first time noob, but based on countless hrs. of research and having grown back in the day, can go with 1/4 dose of nutrients(flora products) for seedlings make sure source of water is Ph'd properly (variations on this, but 5.6- 6.2-) after adding nutes, also Ph up and down, get a ppm tester and ph pen(both around 16 bucks on Amazon) ML syringe, timers, temp/ humidity digital reader, Hydroguard( to prevent rootrot in Dwc Make sure and add Micro first, mixing thuroughly, then the others, also thoroughly mixed. Never add all together at once without mixing. Rapid Rooter plugs are Awesome for germinating. just got 4 White Widow auto fems to all pop in 3 days. And research, research,Etc. Hope this helps

Comment

New at hydro having some issues what temp to keep room and what is a good food to run with

Comment

70's are the sweet spot. They will tolerate upper 80's but use alot of water. I only do a single grow each year timed to start in Dec. and hopefully done by June before it gets to hard to keep room temp in the 70's.
                        I use GH Flora Trio-works just fine for me
                        Last edited by gbauto; 12-19-2016, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X