Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size

Hi,
    I am a new grower. I bought a seed strain from the Netherlands and planted in late April.
    They were advertised as a compact plant !, They are now 6' high so rightly or wrongly I nipped
    the top out to contain them.
    Should I have done this earlier ?
    They have been grown outdoors in pots
    Many Thanks

Hi El Torro. Welcome.
    It's fine to pinch out at almost any stage, except maybe well into flowering. Even this will not really hurt your plants, but it might knock a little off the yield as they work to repair damage. Are your plants flowering? What strain are they?

Comment

If the height continues to be a problem think about gently bending them over. Read this page on LST.

Comment

• El Torro
        El Torro commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Saturnalia,
        Many thanks for your reply.
        The strain is Master Kush, they were advertised as compact plants ??
        2 maybe 3 have shown as males (little balls on stems), I am not sure about the rest
        but they do look different.
        I could post a couples of pictures if thats OK

Ahh.... Normally males are leggier than females so that might be your problem. They also normally show their sex earlier so the two may be males and hopefully the other is female. Is it stouter and bushier than the 2 boys? This isn't always true but is a good general rule.
      Will you remove the males? You should do if you want the best seedless bud. As soon as they get pollen on the females the plants will put their energy into forming seeds rather than fattening flowers. Most people kill the males as soon as they show.
      Are you sure about the balls? Pictures would be great.
      I will be away for a week but hopefully someone else can help you with checking if that's what you need.
      Theirs lots of good info online about it. This site has a page on sexing here.

Comment

Many thanks for your help

Comment

How is this working out El Torro?

Comment

Hi Schmokin,
            Frantic at times,
            Had some September gusts come through and blew all my plants over.
            Some branches were damaged, but the plants have recovered well.
            I have been really surprised with how tough they are. Earlier on one plant in particular
            developed a Y formation while growing, at a later date it split right down the middle
            so I tried Tie wrapping the two halves together and would you beleive it the plant is now
            in late flowering stage !!!
            All a learning curve

Comment

Yeah, they can tough buggars-I've had plants folded over from storm damage and to my surprise, after doing a little duct tape splinting they all recovered as if nothing had ever happened. Seems that as long as the stem isn't completely severed the plants seem to rebound with no issues.

Comment

They are definitely tough. I have had outdoor plants with lots of damage that have recovered no problem. One was split in half lengthways by a falling branch. Still recovered and gave a decent yield. Amazing plants. You gotta love them.

Comment

Hola Amigos
                  Been sitting over my brood like a mother hen, one plant is just starting to show like a glistening on the top leaves, not be long now,

Comment

ET, that last month is a beatch...

Comment

Working...
                    X