Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germination question

I am extremely new at this however determined-- here is my status
    I have 24 seed fr some purchases few weeks back. I put them in container of water on 6th. 24 hrs later majority has an open sprout small yet viable I pray. My question is- do I now put on wet paper and let sprout out more? I intend to put each one in an individual small seedling plug w 6 per plate.. Like I would buy veggies in. Then put the clear lid on making a greenhouse effect, is this a good idea? I've no idea what I am doing😫 Need input ...

Hey Upnsmoke. Just moved this post to its own thread. It will get seen more easily here and helps us keep things tidy. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks! Not computer savvy! So I ignorantly must ask, how do I get to this thread? How do I see replies to my comments? Thanks.

Comment

Under "forum"?

Comment

Appears no one replied as of yet, am I correct?

Comment

Hi Upnsmoke. How's things? I can help you here.
            At the top there are two tabs. The Diaries tab should take you straight to the diaries section. Clicking on the Forum tab will give you lots of different sections to read or to make your posts in. There's a brief description of each to help you choose.

If you look underneath the green bar you will see this

Home > Forum > The Grow Room - Basics to advanced, our members know it all > ​Growing Marijuana Indoors & Hydroponics
            This shows you where we are now - in the Growing Marijuana Indoors & Hydroponics section (which is in the Grow Room).

What you might find useful is the new posts button (underneath Forum). This will show you all the posts that have been made since the last time you logged on.
            Also you will sometimes see a number in red, top right next to messages. This is your personal notifications. Click on it. Here you will find private messages as well as notifications if anybody has replied to your posts.
            Does that help a bit?

In answer to your actual question. You can put the sprouted seeds directly into the plugs. This is normally done when there is around an inch of tap root showing, but there's a lot of wiggle room. The plastic lid is a good idea, although not totally necessary. If you do use it, start to harden off the seedlings as they begin to grow.
            It won't take long before your seedlings will need potting up.
            Are you going to be growing in soil? What sort of set up do you have for them?
            Have a good read around the site. Also check out some of the diaries here as these will give you descriptions, with pictures, of some of our members grows.
            There is lots of good information here. Fire away if you have any specific questions. I will be happy to help you out if I can.
            Good luck.
            Last edited by Schmokin; 08-10-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I planted my seeds directly into plugs and it worked great! Just don't let the plugs dry out, nor do you want them sopping wet all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X