12/12 from seed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/12 from seed

Hi Guys. Was reading some stuff about 707 Headband and came across a grow that started them off on 12/12 right from the start. Those 707s still grew pretty big. They were saying that even if you start them on 12/12 they know to give about a month of veg before flipping themselves to flowering mode.
    Has anybody else come across this, or have any experience of it themselves? It could make it easier for me to grow some nice sativas in my limited space.

Hello, I'm just finishing my first 12/12 grow. 3 Super Skunks and 2 White Widow. The Super Skunks are just about ready at 81 days from seed. The WWs still have a week or 2 to go. The first sign of flowering was 28 days from seed.

Comment

Hi Jax. Thanks for the response. Nice one.
      So are you saying the plants added on about a month of veg and then started flowering? What sort of yield did you get? DO you think it's a lot less than normal, or about the same?

Comment

Hello Saturnalia, I made a mistake on my post. I said 81 days on the 13th, Today is day 80 from sprouting. I must have had a brain cramp. I am harvesting the Super Skunks tonight. I can't compare because this is my first Super Skunk grow. They look beautiful. I will take a picture before the kill and post tomorrow. The white widows I can compare. My last grow was white widow with 4 weeks of veg at 18/6. I got average 2.25 ounces from each plant. The ww's are looking good but I doubt I will get 2.25 ounces from each plant. They are about a week from harvest. I will let you know. So far I'm happy doing 12/12 and haven't yet decided if I will do it again. I will decide after I see what I get. this 12/12 grow is only my 3rd grow so I an still a newbie and still learning.
        Sorry it took so long to respond. I didn't get email notification of your post. I will check my spam folder.

Comment

Cool. I like the idea of the method. Common sense tells me that the yield is bound to be lower, but I reckon this could be a great technique for bigger plants. I had to cut my tent down to fit under the roof trusses and so I have a limited vertical space. I like some of the bigger sativas and a 12/12 from scratch system might help me to be able to grow them.

Comment

The last 18/6 grow the white widow took 112 days. The two at 12/12 should be ready around day 90. They are at 80 today. I'll let you know how much I get.
            Here are the pictures of the three Super Skunk at 81 days.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow! Well they've come out a treat eh. So that's day 81 from sprouting.... The breeders say about 50 days flowering, so the plant has given itself 30 days veg before flipping. Very interesting. Thanks for the feedback Jaxn. And yeah, let us know how much you got back from those. They look just great though.

Comment

Sorry it has taken so long to post the results. The 12/12 grow works really well. I got an average of 1 3/4 oz per White Widow plant. So it was 1/2 oz less than doing it the traditional way. It was easier to keep the plants healthy too. I got an average of 1 1/4 oz out of the Super Skunk. I got 7.75 ounces from 5 12/12 plants. I will do it again.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Not bad returns. This means that I might have a go at some of the big hazes which I had been avoiding because of my wee space. Nice one.

Comment

Working...
                  X