Humidity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidity

I was wondering if large humidity fluxuations can damage your harvest? My room fluxuates between 16% during the light cycle up to 70% during dark. I know bud rot could be an issue. I was wondering what other things it could cause and how damaging it could be if at all?

wow... what a SPREAD

Comment

That is quite a spread. Sounds like you have the fan on the same timer as the lights? If so, remove the fan from the timer and put it into a separate socket that is running 24/7

Comment

Hi Tacoman. Welcome to the forum. What sort of climate do you have where you are. Is the humidity problem because of the climate or because of the building?

Comment

Mr Tacoman.invest in a De Humidifier,Job Done,Good Luck.

Comment

I run just a small booster duct fan exhausting during lights out hours in my 4x8 tent and its keeps the humidity down between 35-40%, no mold issues here. If my lights on humidity was 16% you really do need a humidifier in there with them that's much too dry for good growth. I keep my tent between 40-50 % during lights on. btw bud rot can spread through your whole grow area very quickly and ruin your crop avoid this at all costs.
            Last edited by canbethewicked; 05-08-2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I'm confused how it is raising and dropping that much. If at all possible I would run an exhaust fan during lights off. Since I've started exhausting the air from my lights outdoors my dehumidifier runs a lot less. Before it was so bad I had to just hook it up to a piece of garden hose to let it drain outside of the building Otherwise I was emptying the water 3-4 times a day.

Comment

Plants transpire creating humidity, lights out nothing there to help burn it off (evaporate it)no fans on during lights out greater humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Norml56 View Post
                  If at all possible I would run an exhaust fan during lights off.
                  Why can't you? My fan runs 24/7....

Comment

Working...
                  X