Adjusting PH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting PH

Hey guys! I'm in my second grow in a tent, I'm using FF Ocean Forest soil in some 9x9 white pots. I'm having no issues with the temps, air flow environment at all except for my soil. It appears I am having a lockout of P from a high PH. I will post pics shorlty. I cant seem to get the soil ph to drop below 7. I have now watered with ph adjusted water (6.2) 4 times. 2 of them watering I flushed both pots out with 6.2ph water. I guess my question to yall is how long does it take for the ph to eventually drop to a desired level? also I have gone to the local grow shop and purchased some FF acid loving plants veg formula. they said that should help.

Comment

A pinch of Dolomite Lime helps keep a balance in PH...

Comment

Sulphur will lower your ph, wont take much use a little at a time and water in . Make sure to not over adjust, let it go for sometime and recheck untill u are where u want to be. It can take a few days to drop.

Comment

cool I appreciate the advise guys!! I will have to pick up some dolomite lime today and try that. also where can one pick up a sulfur additive to try out? can I pick that up at my local grow store?

Comment

i personally dont deal with hydro stores as they inflate their prices, in my area anyway. I would go with the sulphur to drop the ph and the dolemite if you needed a ph boost. you can buy just about anything on amazon or ebay.....if your a prime member usually within 2 days to your doorstep.

Comment

btw 7 isnt so bad in soil as a matter of fact its fine in soil, i do like to see slightly lower when in flower. Are you sure your ph is causing this lockout? Im thinking you may have something else going on

Comment

ocean forest is some powerful soil, are you burning your plants?

Comment

Dolomite lime will keep it neutral and may counteract the sulphur. I would add the sulphur first and see how you get on.
                  I've grown plenty at 7 and not had this problem. Could it be anything else?

Comment

ok sorry for the wait on the response. I'm not sure what else it could be. I have had them in the ocean forest since seed so I don't think burning the plants is an issue. I did notice some fungas gnats the other day so on the next watering I went ahead and added some AzoMax to the mix to zap them bastards right out of there I hope. I also started to give them distilled water instead of using the household tap water. they are looking much better.

Comment

I use Lake water...
                      When I can't get it ( Frozen )
                      I use Snow or Rain water...
                      The PH and PPM are very good ,
                      Better then our Well Water.

Comment

Best advice I was given was to water with carbonated mineral water,get the P+H right .Job Done.They love it.!

Comment

Working...
                        X