Reverse Osmosis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Osmosis

Is reverse osmosis necessary or is it just an added expense that's not necessary?

A matter of opinion. But look at it this way - most people don't bother and still get excellent results.
    Do you live in a particularly bad water area?

Comment

Nah i don't think so, think water is a bit limey though.. (live in socal). I wont worry about it yet. Thanks for your input Saturnalia!

Comment

I RO my water despite colorado having pretty decent water to start with. I have a 72 gallon container that is constantly filled up as I use it. I always have enough to fill both of my reservoirs. It used to be a big pain until I automated the process.

Comment

Straight rainwater from a water butt can be better than tap water if you worry about poor water quality.
          Although RO is definitely a good idea, I think it is a bit of a stretch to say it is necessary. Unless like Sat says you have really bad water quality.

Comment

THanks for all your inputs! Yea just like here, everyone seems to have their opinion about RO water. And many growers seems to say its better for controlling PH of the water when adding nutes and supps. BUt in my case which is just closet size growing. I decided to skip the tedious process of adding RO... Don't think it'll be much of a difference in yield or plant health...

Comment

Working...
            X