Brand New Grower, Need Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Grower, Need Advice

Hello all, I appreciate in advance you helping me out.

I'm new to marijuana completely, don't smoke it or grow at all, never have. New to the culture and to the plant. Being in Oregon, where it is legal to grow and sell to dispensaries, I'm looking to earn a couple bucks. The state of Oregon allows us to legally grow up to 4 plants per house. Basically, I want to grow 4 plants and maximize my yield on those 4 so I can get the most money out of them. From everything I've seen here and elsewhere, it looks like tents are the best option for me. Growing outdoor is not an option, and I like the discreetness as well as efficiency / efficacy of tents. Below are my questions / concerns:
    • This site recommends the Cash Crop tent over the Sensi Dispensary--why?
    • The Sensi Dispensary goes up to 6'11", while the Cash Crop is only 34.75" (less than 3 feet tall). Why would the Cash Crop tent be so short, and will that negatively affect yield?
    • Assuming I get one of those tents, should I worry about advanced techniques, like monster cropping, lollipopping, or topping?
    • Any other advice / tips / things I should be aware of?
    Again, I want to maximize the yield of 4 plants (as that is what is legal and I do not intend to break the law). Thanks again for all the help and responses. I appreciate it all.
    Last edited by OregonGrower503; 12-28-2015, 07:46 PM.

Not to put a downer on your idea there bud. But all these dispensaries already have growers and what they do get you won't be able to produce with just 4 plants no matter what you do. Unless you already have someone that wants product from you.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Any responses to the bullet points above?

Comment

Sorry bud i don't know anything about grow tents. But i am sure it all depends on how tall you want your plants to grow and the technique u want to use.

Comment

Personally I would go with the taller tent..you need room for your lights to be above your plants...if your using mh/hps or high powered leds your gonna need to be 20 inches or more over your plants.

Comment

If you can, don't get caught up in the dispensaries and the medical marijuana scene. Just order your own seeds and grow, Aloha

Comment

Definitely the taller tent if you want to maximize your yield. Same with the growing techniques which are all designed to help maximize yield. It will take you a couple of crops before you start building up your yield. The yields quoted by the seed companies take lots of experience.
              One piece if advice, despite being a soil grower myself, hydro is where the bigger yields come from.

Comment

My site is absolutely perfect for sunlight. I figure 12 hrs+. My issue is the area is extremely wet and inground planting is not feasible. I have heard buckets restrict or retard plant growth. If thats the case then what would be a good alternative? Thanks in advance

Comment

If you want them outside and the ground is definitely unusable then you should consider the biggest containers possible. Hessian sacks could help.
                  I want to ask though, why is it not feasible? Can you not dig in lots of good compost and extra drainage? Small beds with raised sides can also lift the root mass above the wet area....

Comment

Working...
                  X