3.75 net baskets big enough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.75 net baskets big enough

This is my first post, and jumping into hydroponics head first...Designing a rail drip system...I see many use 3.75in net baskets. Is a 3.75 bet basket big enough to support a 3ft. plant??? before I invest time and money into that design, I just need to confirm. Thanks for your advice.

I am about to harvest my first test of those net pots in the lid of a 1 gallon coffee pot, set up as a drip system.

IMG00584.jpg

Above is when they were first put in the containers as clones, below is today, 4 and 5 feet tall...

IMG00962.jpg

I did run into a problem outdoors with them, they were blown ever by the wind a few times as there is nothing really 'heavy' in the root zone. Depending on your setup, I would just try to make sure the net pots are a snug fit, almost snapped into place? In my setup, once the roots get established into the container, you can lift the whole thing by grabbing the stalk and walk away with it... If it is indoors, not as much of an issue as most people do not have 30 mph gusts in their grow area's Indoors, I have not had a problem with them falling over.

Comment

Working...
    X