Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time with grow room

Hi to all.
    Just both 16 seeds, got quiet big place and planing to set up proper grow room. size about 5x10m. thinking about divide area in 2 or 3 separate rooms. lights mostly full spec led's probably mixed with hid's. Thinking about dwc system. Dont have plans about ventilation yet, don't wanna build too small and later upgrade, but also don't wanna spend $ for something what going to be too much. Smell is very important where stealth not really. Any advice is welcome! Promise to share LOADS of pictures with details step by step hope it will help and all my mistakes will be lessons for others!

Welcome to the forum. Really looking forward to seeing what you do. I have a tent at the moment but was just saying last night how a whole room would be my next logical step.
    You only really need two rooms. One on 12/12 and one on 16/8. The clones and veg can share the same room to make it easier. Unless you have a separate room for drying; dark with really good ventilation. That would be handy.

Comment

welcome Nofear, looking forward to hear how your set-up works out. lots of good advice around here if you need some help, keep us informed.
      gary

Comment

Morning, 6:30am I'm still absorbing information regarding how to start do the grow. My grow place in cleaning process, it shut be ready in 2 weeks, so I starting to work on citizens for my underworld . Seeds came this week so I ready for the start.
        Not sure about my choice of seeds, but first pancake always burned. I read in some forum where guy wrote about accident when he killed seeds with toilet tissue, coz is made from wood and glue and suppose to dissolve in water, he thinks the glue in toilet tissue was to poison for seeds an that had dramatic consequences. Don't really know how much truth in that coz thousands guys managed with it, but decide not to take a risk and do it on something more clean. I pot it on dry Cotton Wool Round Pads and cover with same stuff just dipped in water from tap. Closed lid and pot to little room for hot water cylinder. Checked temperature before and it was 24C and there is dark. That was 2:00pm, checked about 1am and nearly all seeds had little crack along one side. I'm very happy with results and can't wait till later on today to share a picks how beautiful it looks.
        Need advice what I shell do next, how long shell I keep in that condition? Just wanna remind I going to use DWC system. Any info extremely welcome!

P. S,
        Want to tell BIG thank you for Saturnalia and Gary for early support

Comment

i'm a little slow but what is DWC? like to hear more.
          gary

Comment

https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/DWC-deep-water-culture/

Comment

Hi. I think the other guy might be exaggerating. Should be no problem with toilet tissue. But you did great using the cotton pads. It's exciting eh. What strain did you get?
              The seedlings will be ready to put into your system when the tap root is an inch or more in length (2.5cm). It won't take long.
              What growing medium will you be using in your DWC system? Rockwool?

Comment

Hi, it's like sponge with soil, I just get back from London where I both 5 budmaster each with 9 clusters and 2 Mars grow 750W. Just checked my seeds and they all 10-20mm up! That was quick! I just pot them in 48h ago! Post few photos tomorrow.
                I posted photo early, if you zoomed will see all names .

Comment

Awesome! looking forward to following your progress

Comment

hi, that was 24h after seeds get water

Comment

in next 12h they all hade about 5mm tale so I pot them in to Root Riot http://www.growthtechnology.com/product/root-riot/ and next day I get that:

Comment

today I went to growshop and both rokwool cubes to fit in my plants, build little tent and fit one 150w 5500k lumens cfl light. timer on 6/18 and of you go. Cant wait till tomorrow...

Comment

how high is the light from them? If its cfl you can bring it quite low on them. Will stop them stretching and having slim stems

Comment

I just started with cfl bulbs too. Katzie is right. Put the cfl bulb almost touching or close enough it wont burn the leaves but you still get the extra light power from that distance

Comment

Hi, is bean long time, bean busy with preparation of grow room. It still not ready and it looks like another few weeks to go. Had some emergency and bean forced to move babies to different location and that nearly kill them. After stable temperature (Thanks to underfloor heating) and hi humidity moved it to my mates loft, with minimum insulation. Night time temperature drops up to 10C, first night was most stressful. One plant lost his leaves .
                              Another stress was when I didn't know how much water I need to feed them, bud in mean time my mate get another 10 clones which was looking very healthy, so I pot them together and took few picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X