Transplanting my seedlings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanting my seedlings

Hi I am new to growing and was hoping to get some advice. I planted my seedlings in greek yogurt cups on Sept 7th. Now 3 and a half weeks later I am going to transplant them into bigger pots. Now my question is should I plant them in bigger cups so they can fit under the lights better, or plant them in buckets to accommodate a lot of growth. If I put them in buckets then I will not be able to keep the light as close to the plants. As this is my first time growing I was not expecting to transplant them so quickly and I thought problems I was having was due to nutrients and over watering and now they need to be done asap, hopefully this solves my problem. Please give me any advice you have for me.

Hi Smokingmama. Welcome.
    I would say buckets. The size of the container directly affects the size of your plant. It's good to get the lights closer but your plants will be growing up to them very soon anyway. The only downside of the light being too far away just now is that they might get a bit stretchy and leggy with having to stretch, but that is fixable.
    Of course the other option is to transplant them twice. First into bigger cups and then into buckets...
    They're not autos are they? What strain do you have?

Comment

Hi Saturnalia, thank you for replying to me. I did plant them in bigger cups and I do plan on replanting into buckets when they get bigger. I was not sure if being replanted so many times would be bad or not. The seeds are just bag seeds, I wanted to practice growing before spending money.

Comment

I say less transplanting the better, for me during germinating as soon as that tap root comes out i am planting it in its final destination.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Katzie.

Comment

Working...
          X