New to everything. My attempt at RDWC with drippers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to everything. My attempt at RDWC with drippers

Hello everyone, After years of pain meds from the VA I decided to stop all the foolishness and try medical marijuana. I have to say there is no comparing what the medical did for me and the pills I was popping to be able to even hold my children without several days of recovering so I can do pretty much anything. To be completely honest I don't know what I would ever do without my wonderful wife helping (with everything). I started by trying edibles but they absolutely do nothing to me at all!!! I have a feeling that this has something to do with all the pills over the years being processed through my system. So smoke it is for me

So.. I began research and decided to begin my personal journey with medical plants and a hydro set up. I decided to DYI an RDWC system but I added a drip system so I can start and finish my plants in the same containers (space pretty limited). I have a large rockwool cube that I plan on cutting down to start the seeds however I began worrying about the rockwool being overly saturated with water and drowning the seeds. So I still have a couple questions that I would like answered.

Hydro setup question:

Question #1: When placing the rockwool in the net pots Do I want the net pot below the water line allowing the rockwool to be just above the water or do I want the net pot to be slightly above the water line to allow the bubbles to pop splashing water on the hydroton and rockwool?

Lighting Question:

Since the available space used for the grow will greatly influence the amount of light needed for every stage of the life cycle how much light would I need for starting, veg, and flower in a 6x6x6 tent. More specifically I currently have a 800w COB led light and have others on order for the flower stage. Could I use 800w light in this size tent for the Veg stage because of the size of the tent?

As far as nutes I will be using the foxfarm brand. I have the feeding schedule hydro documentation from fox farm however I have read a lot of forum posts that say only use 1/4 to 1/2 of the nutes suggested in a RDWC system. However since the foxfarm schedule covers hydro as well should I just use the schedule provided?

I thought of posting pics of the setup however since I do not plants going yet I thought I would hold off till then and start a grow journal. Unless that is others want pics of what I got set up so far.

Take care and stay medicated
Working...
X