1st Grow-Autoflower Supercritical,Advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Grow-Autoflower Supercritical,Advice needed

Hey guys,i've decided to make my first attempt on growing some seeds indoors..I did a bit of searching and i bought Supercritical Autoflower Feminized seeds..I've picked those because they need less time for their circle to be completed and mostly because they seemed to be 'easier' for a new grower..Im using a Grow Box which is inside my wardrobe,its small though about 70*40*70,custom-made,covered with mylar,one intake pc fan(12W) which points at the light bulb,another intake pc fan(12W),small exhaust system,a reflector which is about 50*30 and im using one 250W HPS Dual Spec lamp for now(heavy light and lots of heat coming out of it)..My first question is if those watts are enough for one plant..Im pretty sure they arent so how many more do i need to add to the box later?As for nutrients i only have 2,one is for veg and the other for flowering stage..Second question coming up,when should i start using them with those auto seeds?Im using 5lt container and as for the soil,im using an All-Mix..I also have a thermometer installed inside the box and one in the wardrobe,just to be sure and more precise with temperature both inside and outside the growing area..I believe i only need a ph meter now..My next question is this,am i ready to germinate the seeds and start growing them?And if so,which are the first steps i need to do from the moment they sprout in the container?Start with the lights at 20/4 or should i wait more?Thats everything for now,thanks in advance and i apologize for my bad English..Cheers!!!

Last edited by SuperCritical; 08-29-2015, 07:55 PM.

I started in autoflowers, too. Honestly you are far more prepared than I was, and I think you'll do great. And have a lot of fun, I hope.

My one caution for you is that the shorter life cycle means less time to recover from mistakes. Watch your pH closely, both the water you put in and the the excess you drain off each time. Once you start to use fertilizers — I'm sure you've read to start with no more than half doses when starting — you may find that the pH drifts downward. Let that get away from you for more than a week or so and you'll learn what nutrient lockout looks like; let it really get away from you and your harvest suffers. "Over-love" your plants — by which I mean over-water, possibly the number one rookie error — and you may not realize it before seriously compromising your harvest. I never experimented with light cycles, ran mine 24 hours with mixed spectrum CFL's: you're much better prepared there.

I was very intrigued reading about low stress training (LST) and have done at least a little of it on most grows from the very start. The advantage for autflowers is that LST does little / no damage compared to pinching and trimming, so there's no appreciable recovery time eating into your already short grow cycle. It's great for closet grows where you don't have a lot of head room above your plants: you end up with several colas per plant at about the same distance from your lights, instead of a single cola with several below it, all maturing at different rates due to different light. (LST is not specific to autoflowers in any way, though, as I still find it useful with normal photoperiod plants. I just mention it because it was another aspect of my early experience that I really enjoyed.)

Comment

Great answer from Doc Gee there. All I would add is, yes, 250W is more than enough for a single plant grow. In fact you could easily get a few more plants under it.

Comment

Working...
      X