Greenhouse growing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse growing

I'm an educated gardener but a first time marijuana grower. A friend gave me 2 plants that are about 6" high and pretty bushy. I have a lean-to greenhouse, meaning there is glass only on the south side. Lots of glass!! I have them in huge pots with high quality soil. This time of year in the Pacific Northwest the greenhouse ranges from 70° to 90° with a high-powered exhaust fan. I will grow them organically and am pretty knowledgeable about fertilizers. I built a dolly for each pot so I can rotate them. Is there anything I've missed? Any sage advice?

I found info online for one of the strains (NYC Diesel) but not the other (Dank Monster).

soil that is clean no nutrients in it??? I always go for cocoa meself then add ya nutrients in couple weeks but start small doses.....its like anything trial n error. ..

Comment

If you're already a gardener you will have no trouble. Your set up sounds great, temps and sunlight are good, although 90 is a touch hot for them, try and keep that down a bit.
      Weed wants a nitrogen rich feed during the veg stage and a potassium rich feed once flowering starts - probably around mid august (it varies). They mostly don't like too much food though. It is easier to overfeed than underfeed.
      Allow the plants to dry out some between watering. A lot of people compare growing weed to growing tomatoes, but there is one important difference, weed doesn't like wet feet like tomatoes do.
      If you can get a fan blowing on the plants that will help. No direct air current can result in weak branches and stems which may then need supporting.
      NYC Diesel is a great strain. I have never heard of Dank Monster, could this be a misspelling or mispronunciation somewhere?
      Good luck with the grow. Would love to see some pics of the weed under all that glass if you can manage some.

Comment

The windows go up to about 8 feet. The left hand plant gets kinda lost against my giant Hoya!!

Comment

Beautiful. I would love some windows like that. Your plant looks really happy sat there in the sun. Good luck with your grow. I'm sure it will all go great. Keep us updated.

Comment

Omg just returned from a week vacation and one plant is flowering!! No idea what to do next, help??

Comment

Just watch them grow. You will need to change your feed to one that is rich in potassium. There may be a bit of stretching during the next couple of weeks. After that the stretch will stop and the flowers will begin to fatten up. The NYC Diesel will take about 10-11 weeks to ripen. Not sure about the other strain. As the flowers fatten you may find you need to water more often. Feed requirements will go up too for the first few weeks. Increase feeding gradually and then slacken off towards the end. Just water for the last week or so.
              Are you growing organically or do you use chemical fertilizers?

Comment

Took some photos today, the buds are looking good I think. As soon as I saw the first bud forming I switched fertilizers to Foxfarm bloom food, so yes I'm growing organically. Right now I'm feeding once a week, does that sound right? My greenhouse smells really interesting!!

Comment

Sounds just right. And looking good. Make a note of the date of when you saw the first flowers ans this will help you know when they might be ready. Carry on feeding and keeping a good eye on them. There may be some yellowing and loss of lower leaves as the flowering progresses, but this is normal.
                  That NYC Diesel is likely to stretch quite a lot for the next couple of weeks and may require supports if she gets to branchy.

Comment

You're right, she is getting a bit leggy, I've already put some support around her. Harvest may not be far off with the other one, the hairs are starting to darken, so exciting!

Comment

forget the hairs and look for swollen calyxes and trichome color!!!

Comment

Update: Plants are harvested, dried, and cured. I got 14 grams from the Dank Monster (a very mild strain) and 26 grams from the NYC Diesel (wow, strong stuff!). Can't wait until spring, I'll start 2 more plants. Thinking about OG Kush and something else. Fun project!! Thanks for all your good advice.

Comment

Glad it all worked out for you KWE. Let us know how you get on with your next crop.

Comment

Working...
                          X