need some help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help please

i have 3 ladies, they will be 4 weeks Monday just changed the water at 3 weeks. we started out with 10 gallons and it seems I'm already 2 gallons short. my questions are do I need to re add the nutrients to the 2 gallons they drank? and what is the minimum amount of water should I maintain.. thanks in advance for your help..

Welcome bloodylouver

Sounds like your grow medium is a hydro set~up. Soil grower here, but someone that knows all about hydro should come along shortly to help you with your questions. The more info you can present when you post in the future, the better. Hang tight, will get you help real soon.

Comment

No help yet after 24 hours, hum. Superbowl yesterday. Guess their all still lay'in around on the floor, behind couches and under tables from all the tok'in and bashes last night, after the big game. Frick'in bunch of party animals around here, jeezzz. Yikes my head hurts and where the heck did I leave my keys, dang.

My guess would be to let it go another 2 weeks, since you felt the need to change it after the first 3 weeks and re~add your nutrients again then. Best of Luck with your ladies.

Comment

Hey BloodyLouver, I grow hydro and can help ya... I keep my reservoir topped off with fresh water, no nutrients, during a week to 10 days. At 10 days, flush each plant with 1 gallon of water, replace reservoir with fresh nutrient mix. Now, here is where it gets different, if you flush and drain that flush to waste, without letting it run into the reservoir, you can test the reservoir, top off with mixture of nutrient per recommendations. That is the recommended method with General Hydroponics flora series that I use an rockwool (grodan 6 inch cubes)

I also have dirt growing and full hydro with no medium. The dirt gets whatever is in the reservoir, once a week, the rest of the week, those get plain water if at all, depends on where they are in their life cycle...

As a rule of thumb when dealing with hydro, if you have a problem that looks like it is nutrient based, go to water for a few days, flush and run plain water in the reservoir for a week. Then flush with fresh water AGAIN, then go back to half strength and work back up. You can play with that, if the plants recover in a few days, flush and go back to half strength, or wait, up to 2 weeks if you have to. If they start to deteriorate with just water, then you know it is a lack of some nutrient, water alone will flush out any excess, so if the problem gets worse in a week, go back to nutrients, again, at half strength.... until you get it dialed in, the best first step is to go back to water, flush and give it a week,... As you noticed, 4 days and things are looking better
        IMG00356.jpg

Comment

One of the things that I find seems to help with my rockwool hydro, is adding the fresh water through the week, directly to the cubes and not the reservoir, so the get a mild water flush throughout the week...

Comment

Working...
          X