Keeping the Girls Comfortable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping the Girls Comfortable

Hello Folks, I am getting ready for my first "real" grow. I am trying to confirm how many Autoflowers I should be growing in my 4x4x7 tent in general?

Additionally, I originally bought 250 watt HPS/MH lighting. "After" reading more from experienced growers, I am concerned this will not be enough for my tent. I was planning on buying another 250 to run with it. Good idea, bad idea? Suck it up, take the loss and buy one lamp at "?" wattage?

Moondude.........

HI Moondude. I have a tent around that size. I reckon you could comfortably get 9 autos in there. Maybe more depending on their size (They are not all as small as you might think ;-)). I would deffo add another 250. You could just get one bigger light, but being as you already have the 250 why waste it. Also, the two lights will give you a wider coverage. Of course, 2 X 400s would be better ....

Comment

• moondude
      moondude commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Brother.

• moondude
      moondude commented
      Editing a comment
      Last night my anxiety got the best of me, seeds on the way, and I went out and bought an IPower 1000W. With this do you still feel 2x 400 would be better? I have not opened the IPower 1000.

Thank you!!!

No. The ipower 1000 will generate more yield than the 2 X 400W. It's 25% more powerful. My tent of the same size has 2 X Spectrum King 450s which are purported to have the same output as 500W of HPS each, so in effect I am running the same sort of light power. I find it just right for my tent. I would like to maybe add a few CFL side lights, but it's functioning fine as is.

Comment

one side of my tent is run by an 880 C/alifornia Light Works Solar Storm and a 600 Lumini Grow LED, the other half is a 720 Light House Hydro blackstar Chrome for veg, if could handle the heat one of my HID's would be present...I may have to air condition to make this come to fruition.

Comment

You could side light with some supplementary CFLs or T5s without adding too much heat.

Comment

Yes Saturnalia I have given that some thought. thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
          X