my setup, first indoor grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my setup, first indoor grow

4x8 gorilla grow tent, 2-600 watt dual ballast mh/hps, carbon filter with 6" duct fan as exhaust, another 6" duct fan blowing through the lights, 6" booster fan using outside air for cooling when needed...dyson oscillating tower fan inside, babies are abt 1 wk old, feminized seeds, 2- atomic by bomb seeds, 2-alpine og, 1-lemon thai, 1 early skunk, 1- kalishnakov express, and 1-white widow.. in a home mixed supersoil, well not in the ss yet , but its waiting for them
    4x8 gorilla grow tent

wow that is a beautiful set up, so much new stuff nowadays, but that's progress i guess. i can't afford something like that so i'll just have to make do with whatever i can come up with. good luck with your grow and keep us informed.
    gary

Comment

• Gene87
      Gene87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey how ya doin I'm new to growing and not sure if my cheap set up is working I have received some bb seeds a wk ago and got them germinated I have them sitting in a 2x2 ft space with 3 cfl lights 23w 1620 lumens and a grow light for tomatoes do u think it will work for veg stage do I need more light and humidity s at 49

Thank you Gary

Comment

Well sad news on my first attempt had 2 out of 3 ballasts went bad, lesson learned DO NOT BUY VIRTUAL SUN HYDROPONICS LIGHTS THEY SUCK, bought a California Light Works Solar Storm 880 what a difference it has made, started new seedlings and transplanted into big pots, I am running 1 mh and the 1 Solar storm 880 LED.....All is going ok but the Solar Storm is definitely out performing the 600 MH by far, Saving for another 880 Now and hopefully have another one by new years.
      Last edited by canbethewicked; 11-27-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

tried a new organic starter soil, it came with fungus gnats, treated the soil with nematodes sf (a natural microscopic worm to feed on the larve, put some sticky traps (yellow) to attract the adults, both worked great no more gnats.
        Last edited by canbethewicked; 11-27-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Cool. I used blue stickers for my gnats and it helped keep the numbers well under control. I'm normally happy to use an insecticide spray when they're still in veg.
          Are they different strains you're growing now or still the same?

Comment

Saturnalia those nematodes eradicate them and I mean all of them, they are a short lived adult once those get trapped or die thats it the nematodes destroy all the larvae. As for the plants some the same, a couple different, have a lemon haze a friend gave me and a critical +2.0 , the rest are the same, no early skunk this time....I know im looking way too far ahead but next round is gonna be a full round of autos, berry bomb auto, cherry bomb auto, afghan kush ryder, green o matic, jock horror auto, fantasmo express auto, not sure how many autos I can do as ive said im new at indoor and never grew autos but ill probably try 10 in my 4x8 tent. Any thoughts anybody who may be familiar with autos and space??? Then start for my outdoor grow
            Last edited by canbethewicked; 11-29-2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Canman
              Canman commented
              Editing a comment
              That is to many plants for that space. I have a 8'x8" room. My first grow I had 7 under a 1,000 watt . with a can filter , 6" exhaust fan, and Two oscillating fans. I had all kinds of problems with Powdery Mildew. Once you have PW it will ruin your yields. I ended up throwing out my White Widow, the taste on the others was not good. I grow 4 in my 8x8 room & burn Sulfur before I go to Bud. Not sure how long you are going to Veg or under what kind of light source. My plants where 5 /5.5 high. You will get better buds and more with less.
              Good luck

• canbethewicked
              canbethewicked commented
              Editing a comment
              Ive got 8 fem8nized in my 4x8 and thinking ive got enough room...Canman what was your humidity in your room? I run between 40-48%....my plants show no signs of mold, midew or any other negative traits...healthy, bushy, thick...strong....1...1000 watt isnt enough in my opinion in an 8x8...2 600 minimum would be better....im running 1-california light works solar storm 880 led, 1- lighthouse blackstar chrome 720 watt led and a 600 mh/hps watt cool tube....Plants are in 10 gal fabric pots in a home mixed ....supersoil..1 6" 400 cfm exhaust with carbon filter...1 6" 350 cfm through the cool tube..1 booster fan from outside for tent cooling all fans have speedsters...1 humidifier for my humidity control.. 1 dyson vertical ocillating fan...ive had very few issues with this grow...i dont use nutes...everything my girls need is in the soil
              Last edited by canbethewicked; 12-23-2015, 12:03 PM.

You've maybe got a few different finishing times there. Could be good for staggering out your harvests rather than getting it all in one go. Might make it last a bit longer ;-)
            I've grown a few autos. You should be able to fit them in there. The one thing I have noticed about them is their inconsistency. Seen a few take a lot longer than it said on the packet and also seen some that have grown pretty tall. Having said that, I've also had some great experiences with them. Deffo worth giving them a go.

Comment

Yes thanks, definately not all finishing at the same time...i do grow plenty enough on my outside grows that i really dont need to grow inside...but it gives me something to do over the winter months and i find it enjoyable....i give bud as gifts to friends all year long...lol...ill try to update when i can

Comment

Just a quick pic update, everything seems to be going well...plants are short and stocky...hard to count how many nodes there are stacked quite tightly....is this normal? The the solar storm 880 is about 60 inches above plants.
                Last edited by canbethewicked; 12-02-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

The tighter the internodes the better.

Comment

You're welcome, thats how you get good bud structure and nice tight buds.

Comment

my ladies looking good I think? growing well good color no spots or pests.....ill continue to do as I have been, gave a dose of dolemite lime as my ph was down to 5.5, ill wait a few days for it to get in there and recheck. thanks to all that have given information to this new indoor grower!! its nice to know others will share their thoughts and knowledge...a few new pics for anyone interested....feedback welcome!! I have not fed these plants, the supersoil must be working well.
                    Last edited by canbethewicked; 12-07-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Looking good they look healthy for sure and happy.

Comment

• canbethewicked
                        canbethewicked commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Katzie, keeping my fingers crossed

They look great. Those girls will stretch out when they get bigger and go into flower That seems a strong light to keep them so compact at 60". Will have to check it out. Look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Comment

• canbethewicked
                        canbethewicked commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Im looking forward to it too Saturnalia. I will update pics tonight if I get a chance. Lets hope the light flowers as well as it veged!! Thinking the end of December Ill go to flower.
                        Last edited by canbethewicked; 12-11-2015, 06:50 PM.
                    Working...
                    X