LED light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED light

Hey gang, I was wondering if anybody has ever had this problem with their L.E.D.'s One night I went in the grow room, plants were in veg., and out of the corner I notice that my L.E.D.'s had some very dim light coming out of both of them. It is only 2 or 3 diodes and they are very dim. First I checked the socket to make sure it was grounded, and it was. Next I replaced the timer and nothing seemed to help! I am going to put a relay in as soon as it comes and see if that helps? Can anybody here shed some light on this matter? Some kind of trace voltage is getting past the timer? Thanks for listening, Mega

It may be voltage 'draining' off of some capacitors in the power supply in the lamp. Both the Mars and King Lamps I use do the same thing-I wouldn't worry.

Comment

Thank youGbauto, you don't think this will ruin the lamp over time? Also I am afraid to put the plants in flower for fear of hermi's? If I hold a white envelope up to the light it seems bright, but if you lower it a couple of inches the light goes away. The whole thing is frustrating! My other pr. Of LED's, ( sk-450 ) Spectrum kings and thank god they don't do this. I appreciate your help. Mike

Comment

How long does the 'glow' stay visible? It seemed that mine would only be visible for a few minutes after the power was shut off. It didn't seems to create any issues with the grows I've done.

Comment

Hey thanks pal. Unfortunately they stay on hrs. Later, mega

Comment

Even if the power is unplugged after the lamp is operated?

Comment

Hello, I tried several different timers and get the same result! The only way to fix this is to shut off light by hand and turn back on by hand as well. Mega. ps no when unplugged there is no light. Mega
              Last edited by Mega nute; 10-06-2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Mega. Just saw this in a PM and answered. Will repeat it here as it may be useful to others.
                Check this out.
                This was actually just the top response. There's quite a few answers if you google it. All saying pretty much the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                X