Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tent help

Hi
    I'm trying to setup my first indoors grow tent. I like very much the idea of using LED lights, however it's seems not very easy to find the right one.
    My plan is to get a
    3x3 or 4x4 tent
    4-6 plants
    indoors all times

I can see LED lights for 1500$ an more, and also 100$. I want to buy the right one, and I don't want to pay more unnecessarily . I am not doing this professionally so having a LED that is 10-15% less pretty(efficient) that the super fancy one that cost 600$ more, is OK for me.
    So I need a LED light that will cover veg and Flowering stages and it is in general a good buy. My ideally investment should be something around 200$-300$
    Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi Relaxtrading, just finished my first indoor grow ... First grow in general, I did much research on my led and found that you get what you pay for. There are many YouTube videos where people bought cheaper lights and when they used there light meter, the output was often no where near what was advertised and they would have failing lights and such, plus a poorly, less efficient light translates into more generated heat which goes back to causing a problem that led's are supposed to prevent. I went big from the get go simply because light is key in my estimation. I got a 650w 4x4 mega led. 5 foot flower and 7 foot veg footprints. Perfect for my 6x6 tent. It was $1640.00. A heck of a hit for sure but man I'm getting wonderful full plants and it's easy to control the temps. Plus it's got a 5 or 10 year warranty. Not gonna get that on a budge light. My 2 cents. I'm very happy I splurged on it. Either way.. Look for videos on led grow lights and comparisons to make an educated decision based specifically on your needs. I think the next size smaller was for a 3x3 footprint and went for $800 ish. Best of luck!

Comment

Hi Relaxtrading. Welcome.
      I use the Spectrum SK450s. Am very happy with them. Price is higher than your budget, but a bit more reasonable at 800 bucks or so.
      I agree with Damo though. With LEDs there is a clear gap between the quality makes and the cheap oriental imports. You might be saving money but you could also be wasting money on cheap LEDs.
      I have noticed that Ebay (and other online auction sites) have lots of second hand LEDs now at very reasonable prices. If budget is an issue for you then that would be my advice, get a good mark second hand one.
      Check out the specs on the Spectrum King 450 here.

Comment

What Sat said. Cheap LEDs end up just wasting money. You get what you pay for. Decent LEDs are a sound investment. They work well and end up saving you lots on your utility bills. I would recommend getting the very best you can afford.

Comment

I have had several successful Auto flower grows in my 3x3x5 tent with 4 plants.I use a 300w Led with full spectrum that I got straight from China for 150 Canadian Delivered.You dont need the expensive ones if you know where to look

Comment

Nice one Brad. What's the name of that light? We get a lot of questions about affordable LEDs. You might be able to help someone out here.

Comment

Mars Hydro and Viparspectra are both pretty good cheap Led( $85-$150) I have two Viparspectra 300Wt (not true wattage)in a 2 by 4 area and Lumen range is good- the viparspectra can be daisy- chained so expandable and heat is not an issue

Comment

Working...
              X