Moving my seedling indoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving my seedling indoors

Hi guys, I'm growing a single seedling, it's about 8 c"m tall atm. Since it's an only seedling how much lumin will I need for him also I cannot go over the 100W limit, since I'm renting with a roommate and I don't want to arouse his suspicion (or the power company's). I was thinking getting a strong UB bulb for the vegetative state then invest in a quality LED. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Why even bother then? And what are your plans when its flowering time and it begins to smell?

Comment

They need lots of light. I know that much. There are good grow flourscent fixtures you can get on Amazon or other places. Your yield will be small at best thou

Comment

When it comes to flowering then it's time to move. Moving plant into a salt lake area with no humidity and almost no life, hrm hrm. (In a pot of some sorts).
        ​When it's flowering time I will move him to be nourished by a desert sun for 6-7 weeks, after yields come I will see what I'm going to do.

ATM this is Jimmy, I left him by the windows through white, partially reflective shades (no direct light), I haven't watered it for 8 days and it really came to fruition. I trimmed top and ate it, it was very pleasant. Very grounding experience and vegetative taste and is most likely an autoflowering, hazey blend of some sorts. Very nice taste, shades of lemon and fresh lettuce. I left him for two days under a full sun and it gone losing color but tips are very green, healthy and thick. I've started a once/48 hours dry cycle or it will not get strong stems and leaves.
        I want to educate it about light now, during night times I keep him by a blue LED beaming out of my pc. It looks good.
        Two very shapely leaves, unfortunately it gone bleaching so I've decided to give it 24 hours of artificial light and chill it for sometime under
        an AC set on 20C.
        Afterwards I'm moving it into complete darkness with very high humidity and the dark LED for at least 48 hours. I need it to crave light while being able to process chemicals in an artificial environment.
        I've added eggshells and trace amounts of coffee every second watering.
        I need it to be tough to survive 42C sun with zero to none humidity.

The plant it self is pretty healthy. Some bleaching is foreseeable when starting a grow in May and not April. The tips of all the blades are greenity green.
        I've added a set up (picture) of refracted light which I myst constantley. Hope bleaching will stop for bag is quite opaque.
        Opinions always welcomed.

Comment

That's a tough environment for it. Will be interested to see how it copes.
          Can't help thinking that calling it Jimmy and referring to it as 'he' is a bad omen. We want girls!

Comment

What's up with the eggshells? Just never read about the eggshell method.
            Last edited by Regi254; 09-03-2016, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Shells can add calcium and deter fungus gnats. They also stop slugs and snails, although that's probably not a problem where suntrap is.
              What is your reason for using them suntrap?

Comment

Working...
              X