Light question from a newbie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light question from a newbie.

I bought this light a year or two ago for a game room that never happened. I was wondering if i could "repurpose" it.

Its a Steelcase plp light. 120v 60h rapid start only light set up. Plugs into a normal wall socket. The buld that came with it is a Slyvania cool white f40/cw 40 watt bulb.

I am pretty sure the bulb needs replaced, i want to use it for a flowering light. Or the base light to be built off of.

Any advice, a flat no, offers to buy or laugh at me. Any way, please all advice welcome.

Hi Alexi. I can't find anything for that light, have you got a link?
    I had a look at the bulb. This bulb would work fine for veg, it may be a bit weak for flowering. Can you fit a higher powered bulb into your lamp? The higher the wattage the better. Also, for flowering you would be better with a bulb at 2700K. 4200K is more suitable for veg.
    There's nothing wrong with fluorescent light in principle. It just sometimes lacks a little power and needs to be in the right colour spectrum. This bulb in the right color with some supplementary CFLs around it would do the job for you.

Comment

i got a couple fluorescent lights from walmarts that were supposed to be grow lights but i didn't think they were strong enough, so i used them alongside a bank of CFL's and seemed to be better. i finally broke down and got a LED for my veg room but still use the others on the flowering side.
      gary

Comment

I recieved some other advice that sent me to Dr Google. I think I might change the plan mid stream ( dont do this. Everyone said it. Know i know i why. Ouch my wallet) and go with an LED system for flowering. I have a decent CFL set up for veg with 3 lights supporting a small walmart style grow light florescent. In a small 3x3 or so bathroom. The flowering will be done in my shed in a tent/box with the LED set up.

Comment

Working...
        X