new at Led's Growing lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new at Led's Growing lights

a friend gave me a 700 watt full spectrum, Led Grow light. i have a 50 x 50 x78 grow tent coming. would the Led grow light b enough for the Grow tent that is coming ???
    i apprecate all the help i can get

'I my self love leds no cost no heat (very little) first of all when they say 3 watt led you put 2 watts of power per bulb this gives you longer life leds in short a led puts use 2/3 of the power what it says. I have had great luck use 100 watts led for veg.( putting out 66 watts of light) you don't need a lot at this time cloning I use 50 watt led they love it bushy little things you should be fine yo yo hanger adjust light as need.

Comment

• lovbnstoned
      lovbnstoned commented
      Editing a comment
      apprecate the help

I have a 600w high end led light in a 24"X48"X60" tent and the light foot print is maxed out. The production is awesome but still limited in coverage. What you need to find out is what's the core coverage for that light and at what hight.. That should give you in info you need but for the footprint you have I will say you should have more light, probably double for max yield in that space. You really can't have too much when it comes to LED's

Comment

Is that 700W actual draw or 700W equivalent?
      Whichever way it sounds like a powerful light. The veg footprint for it will be bigger than the flowering footprint.
      Tell us the make and model of the light and we can have a look for you.

Comment

• lovbnstoned
        lovbnstoned commented
        Editing a comment
        they r LG-LRD Slution Limited china. i have use this Led on my desert rose,, but didn't know if they would b any good for the cannabis. the led lighting worked well with the desert rose for grow n blooming ina 48x 48 grow room

From having a quick look online it looks like the Mars II. Does it say Mars on it? 140 X 5W chips?
      If it is then that is a great light and should be just about right for your tent.
      Let us know how it works out for you.

Comment

You members that use LED's and have good yield's I applaud you because I'm an old fashioned grower and I purchased several types of LED's and I have no luck, and believe me I had spent some big money. I'm going on 60 years old and I just can't get huge yields or huge buds that I can with my good ole' 600w MH/HPS HID light, I'll put my buds up against anything you can grow, don't mean to sound like a smart ass but I been growing for over 40 years in my private grow of no more than 3 plants at a time.

Comment

Since my last post i spent countless hours reading and researching LED grow lights and now I've built my own. The difference has been night and day and I would highly recommend that, if you're inclined to DIY lighting, take a look at building one using the latest technologies, you won't regret it!

Comment

HI 420. I hear a lot of old school growers saying this. With any new innovation there will be people saying the old way was better. If that's what works for you then all is good. But I have seen enough LED grows with my own eyes to know that they can be at least as productive as HIDs, and when you start comparing the running costs then LEDs are definitely capable of outperforming them.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am having a problem with my l.e.d. Lighting and hope that someone else has had this problem and can answer. When the timer hits 12 midnight the power goes off, but I am seeing a trace voltage after it goes off. There are 4 or 5 very dimly lit lights. It is usually 1 red 2blue and a yellowish one! I took my wall outlet out to make sure it had a ground and it does. I just don't understand how power is getting past he timer? Any suggestions? Thanks, Mega

Comment

Hello! Anyone home?

Comment

I've never heard of this Mega Nute. Not sure what it could be. Have you tried using a different timer just ti make sure it's not that?

Comment

Working...
                  X