Seedling Grow Cycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seedling Grow Cycle

I am a new grower, and i was wondering what the light cycle should be on newly developed seedlings. Right now, i have a 13 watt LED bulb, which puts out 1200 lumens. I have it set up at about 3 feet away from my seedling, which is in soil, about 1/2 an inch deep. I've been spraying a fine mist on it when the soil feels dry. The only question i have is if the light is correctly placed, or if it's even the correct light bulb itself. The bulb hasn't been on the seedling for even 24 hours yet, but i have a timer (that the light is plugged in to) set at the "18 hours of light, 6 hours of dark" cycle. If you can help, I'll be forever grateful. Lol

Bulb color temperature is critical and is stated somewhere on most CFL packages. Soft white bulbs are in the 2700 range (warm colors), Daylight bulbs are 5000- 6500 range (cool colors). Vegetative growth requires daylight bulbs and flowering requires warmer bulbs.

Read this thoroughly: https://howtogrowmarijuana.com/compac...l-grow-lights/

Comment

The bulb i got is in the 5000K range.

Comment

18/6 is good. 3 feet sounds quite far away. You could probably get it a bit closer. Give her a couple days to get used to the lamp then try getting it a bit closer. Use the back of your hand to judge that it's not too hot for the plant. You will get tighter internodes if you move your plant a bit closer. But don't burn her.

Comment

Working...
        X