6W leds by Diamond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6W leds by Diamond

Has anybody had any experience with the diamond led lights. They seem to come from the same place as the king co. They have a 150x6w panel (900 watts) that looks interesting. I've heard good stuff from king leds but nothing about Diamond - just wondering - slop

No direct experience Slo. I never even knew they were doing 6W chips now. This technology is really moving along. It's great news for growers as the prices on the older kit will soon start dropping a lot.

Comment

Well, the 3w chips are still being touted as the bomb by the old growers/makers. But the COB system seems to penetrate better as they are brighter. Sort of like the reflector series the mars Hydro has out. COB - chips on board is unique as they are little panels inside a highly reflective cup for want of a better word. They use an aluminum heat shield to dissipate the heat. I can't find any info on weight of said panel as yet but will look into this more and I hope I can share something in the future. I am only 3 weeks into flower at present so have time. The COB is different than the Diamond co and had not heard of them so was just asking. The wattage draw isn't bad on them like leds are known for so..............................slo

Comment

I thought LED were so electricity efficient and never burn out. Or am I confused. Happens a lot. And I'm not stoned.

Comment

Wow here too I am just overwhelmed by the fan-fucking-tastic responses to my questions. Thanks !
          Last edited by admin; 06-05-2015, 03:56 PM. Reason: Language towards others is not accepted.

Comment

Being a bit hasty Dragua. Some of our users are stoned too. And some have other stuff to do. Sometimes you need to wait a bit longer for a response.
            Yes LEDS are efficient electrically. They do burn out eventually but have a much longer life than other bulbs. They also keep their efficiency throughout their life cycle whereas HIDs lose efficiency very very quickly.

Comment

I picked up a used Apollo 400 watt unit, 5w diodes, square, HEAVY, at least one of the 2 onboard fans seems noisy and I will probably replace that fan over the summer. Still have not put any of the babies outside, been too busy with other things to even make that move! Two new outdoor hydroponic setups, the MMJ will be at the back of the center table, 2 or 3 plants in a row, already has a reservoir sitting there and everything. Just been too busy to switch all the pumps and timers around as well as getting all the other plants you see here, well, HERE:

IMG00539.jpg

Honestly, it has been pretty icky outside here, too much rain, hail got me a little bit, lots of bruised plants. I actually had to make rounds on a few days, to drain water off pots, this is 4 inches of flowing Hail/water off my porch. Floated the one reservoir in the ground out as it was empty.

IMG00488.jpg

So, while that was all going on outside, and the power would cut off, internet go down, and the dogs went nuts... I made some new grow toys:

IMG00519.jpg

I call it the '6-pack'... Original name huh?

So, its 8 on a Friday night, I have been running since 4 am and just hit couch load one, have a nice night everyone

Comment

Ohh, and BTW, I am digging on the 5w Apollo unit, just harvested plant number two, probably was a bit too tall (I had intended to put them outside) This plant was2 weeks behind the first plant to flower under the LED. That first one transitioned under my old lights (fluorescents) then went under the LED on like day 12? This second plant started its transition under the LED. Same strain, roughly the same size/age/height/medium. Second plant was definitely heavier and much more sticky...

Comment

Working...
                X