Deep Water Culture setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Water Culture setup

Built myself a DWC setup in a 40+ litre rubbermaid tote with two 6" net pots with hydroton, be using GH nutrients and following a feeding schedule from GH's site with a bit of tweeks here and there with amounts and what not. At the moment i am in the midst of germinating 4 seeds that are Deep Purple which is a Blueberry x Purple Kush cross. Once everything is up and I've picked the 2 strongest to start i will post pictures of them.

The feeding schedule i will be roughly following: http://generalhydroponics.com/site/g...ova-Expert.pdf

Oh one seed has sprouted out of the rockwool, now wait for the others
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice one. Good luck Katzie. Be interested to see it.

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Well i lost the only seed that sprouted, not sure what happened but started germinating some bag seed that is unknown lol

Comment

sorry you lost the purple katzie, do you think it might have something to do with the rockwool? i've have heard both good and bad reviews on rockwool. i bought some for clonning and decided i would use peat instead untill i look into it a little more. i've found that most bag seed turns out some pretty good smoke most the time, because i save the seeds if it's good weed. good luck, i hope you get some females now.
            gary

Comment

Ya the rockwool had something to do with it and i wont be using them anymore.

Comment

i heard that when they make the stuff it winds up with a very low ph and they suggest soaking it for 24 hours to prepare it for use. sounds like an extra step that i don't need, i think i'll stick with the peat, i've had good luck with that.
                gary

Comment

Yeah they say between 5.5-6.0 the ph is supposed to be.

Comment

My 3 new seedlings from bag seed, love peat pellets way better then rock wool. I just put the cracked open seeds in yesterday morning and woke up at 7am and here they are.

Comment

looks like you got a good start again, hope you get a lady or two.
                      gary

Comment

Here they are 2 days later looking not too bad on 2 but the one that has the root spike at the bottom doesnt look too happy like the other 2 are.

Comment

What my 2 bag seed plants look like now in the DWC setup. They been in there since this past Tuesday

Comment

It is necessary to soak the rockwool cubes, There is some lime residue left over from the manufacturing process which raises pH and this needs to be removed. Grodan have changed their recommendations from soaking for 24h to soaking for 30 minutes. You just need to rinse off the lime.

Comment

I have almost a foot long root now growing from the bottom of a net pot on one of my plants and is looking happy

Comment

Working...
                              X