budget grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• budget grow

i'm retired now, so got a lot of time but not a lot of money, so i converted a spare shower to my grow room. i separated it into two compartments and have one of my favorites, a querkle lady in bud under 12/12 cfl lights on one side, and two 2fast2vast just starting to put on their second set of leaves under 24 hour cfl and t5 grow lites in the other side. i have a male querkle outside keeping company with 11 new hops ladies i planted this spring (i also brew my own beer) since they are cousins, a couple times removed, i want to see if something might happen there. i was thinking about putting one of the 2fast with the male and see if i can get some seeds from her too.
    gary

here is my 2fast going on first week.
    gary
    Last edited by shineman; 09-18-2015, 06:17 AM. Reason: trying to show a pic of my mother plant put out to bloom, but pic was too big for upload

Comment

now 2 weeks old,

Comment

Looking great Gary. Make sure there is no light leakage between the two parts of the room. Stray light during your 12 hours darkness in the flowering room can really mess things up.

Comment

here's my mother plant that i moved to flower. thanks for the call there schmokin, i checked it out and had some light getting in, so i had to do some more work on it. always something, think i got it right now.
          gary

Comment

yesterday i got my new light in the mail, it's a full spectrum LED that i replaced the cfls with, the directions that came with it said to put it .5m above the plant, does this sound right to you? that light sure hurt my eyes when i was working in there, guess i'll have to get me some dark glasses next.

Comment

Hi Shineman. Sounds about right. When I first used my LEDs I think I had the light way too close to the canopy. Once I backed it off a bit the plants seemed to respond better. I'd say I probably go for about 40 - 50 cm. with mine now.

Comment

thanks saturnalia, the directions said it was 300w and i had it just like my CFLs. i think i was too close, so i moved it about 20 inches above the top of the plant and it looks a lot better now and my 2fast seems to love it.
                gary

Comment

my plant must really like the new light, this morning when i checked it, the canopy had doubled in size and i figured my container was going to be too small so i transplanted it to a 5 gal. pail. i see you guys don't recommend that for an auto but i didn't want it root bound later, so i was very careful and didn't disturb the roots at all. this was my first with an auto and i didn't expect it to grow that fast, guess that's where it got the name 2fast.
                  gary

Comment

here she is after the transplant, got some room now.

Comment

Looks nice and healthy there shineman.

Comment

week 3

Comment

Looking great Gary. Nice tight internodes. They do like the light eh......
                          I will eventually have to give my LEDs back and am already stressing a bit about it. I just don't have that kind of money to buy my own. Can you tell us a bit more a bout yours. How much money and what make etc...

Comment

thanks saturnalia, i got my light from amazon for $116 USD, it is a Galaxyhydro 300w LED grow plant light. the seedling was under a bank of CFL's to start and was doing ok but i figured it needed a better spectrum light so i got this. i can't grow outside any more so this is what i came up with. my money is a little short too but i hope it will pay off in the long run, we'll see.
                            gary

Comment

week 4

Comment

Working...
                              X