First grow.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First grow.

So last week I started three seeds. One has already started a sprout and the other seed hasn't crack d the shell yet( that seed was soaked in water as a test to see which would start sooner). The last one turned bright green and looks very fragile, so not sure what's happening with that little guy, but I am thinking he wasn't mature yet. Not sure if I should set that one a side and see what happens or trash it. Most likely will see what happens.

I bought 5 more seeds of three different strains for future grows. I had my full system running for a few days to make sure everything worked, and to get a good idea what the temp, humidity were. I have since shut it down to only the t5 in the seedling area, and the fans. The biggest reason I shut everything down was because I didn't like the setup I had going on and will redo the setup when I get ready to transport in the closer.

The system I choose to go with was the SuperLocker 3.0. Mainly for safety concerns and limited space. I like the system so far just thought the system would be a little quieter. Sound was not a concern for me though.

So I will add some photos when these lovely plants have sprouted!

Cool. Good to hear that things are under way.
    Interested to know more about what sort of noise the SuperLocker emits. How would you rate it on this scale for example? http://www.acting-man.com/blog/media...ibel-scale.jpg
    How many plants do you think you could reasonably fit into it?
    Would also be interested to know what wrong with the set up which caused you to take it down?
    All the best.
    Attached Files

Comment

I would say 40-50 decibels. Honestly I would say maybe 4 full grown ladies would be the max. But if you have a good rotation going you could have five always waiting in the cloning chamber.

As far as the set up I didn't like how the cords were everywhere on the outside of the unit. I am going to run the cords plug them in an label the cord then tie the excess cord up. I have a little bit of ocd I just have to find what makes me comfortable.

Comment

Today I decided to check my babies they were dried out so I re soaked them and checked the seeds. I have one that has almost sprouted through the rook wool! I have another right behind that one sprouting to! So off to a good start!

Comment

One has popped through and is growing some leafs! Another one is about to come up. Two have popped there taproot out! Two still haven't broke the shell, give them so more time till I trash them.

Was reading on another form that rock wool is a bad medium for bud. So we will see how this grow goes, and decide to stay with rock wool or switch. Tomorrow I will work on setting up my system again so it will be ready To go once the babies are ready to transfer.

Comment

So I checked on my babies today and they were dropping. I took them out of the dome and put them in the cloner. The rock wool was really dry. I checked them Monday evening and they were moist, so I am hoping I can bring them back to life in the cloner. Any suggestions?

Comment

thanks for the up[date armyboy, i got some rockwool cubes to try and haven't used them yet, i have been useing a peatmoss starter and have good luck with them so far. good luck with your system restart, it takes me two or three tries to get mine going and then i'm changing things around all the time, hope your girls get going, only thing can add , is just keep them sprayed down.
              gary

Comment

Did you prepare the rockwool first? It has a naturally high pH of around 8. and you should adjust the pH first.
                Soak the rockwool cubes for an hour or two in water that is pHd to around 5.5 - 6 before using. You can also soak in some very mild nute solution too.

Comment

No I only soaked them for s few minutes. Thank you!

Comment

Comment

Comment

I noticed I have some root rot starting so today I am changing the water and I ordered solution to help prevent it. I also moved my air stones around to help spread out the bubbles. That is seeming to help, the biggest problem is the water temp of res. The temp stays around 80 F any ideas on how to cool it down?

Comment

something that I found that worked for me in my first custom build was to set my tank on an "open pedestal" which was basically a plastic crate with holes in the top. then I ran a high powered cpu fan into some dryer ducting that attached to the crate. Sealing it all off the colder air blew into the crate area and then up around the bottom of the tank, this kept my tank down to the 65degree range depending on how hot the basement got (it usually runs around 70 in the basement).

anyway, just some food for thought , good luck, looking forward to your updates

Comment

• Armyboy042
                            Armyboy042 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you that was some good advice!

I'm glad your ladies are growing good for you. Keep us posted

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X