Starting a new SOG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a new SOG

Tonight I will be starting the germination process on 2 strains. Barneys critical kush and Strain hunters money maker. I went with these two because they are supposed to be short plants. My super closet flowering chamber can hold 16 plants. So I plan to do 8 of each strain. Any issues growing these together using sog (my first go at sog)?

I can't foresee any strain specific problems here Arliss. These are both great strains that should finish around the same time. The CK may get a bit bigger than the MoneyMaker. But not enough to cause a problem. What sort of area do you have for these 16 plants?

Comment

I am using SuperClosets Superstar LED. It has dual SuperPonic 8 Hydroponic Grow Systems. 24×24×60 is the full measurements. I will need to measure out just the flowering chamber.

Comment

Update 1:

I put 10 seeds of each strain to germinate in rockwool hoping to get at least 8 of each to pop. All 10 of the critical cush popped (2 are a little slower than the others) but only 6 have so far from the strain hunters. I only have room for 16 so those numbers will work.

I have them under T5's going 24/7 while they develop enough to move to the flowering chamber.

Comment

Strain hunters is a bust for me. Only 2 left out of 10 seeds. The ones that died looked fine then next time I checked they had fallen over and look wilted. All of the critical cush are fine. Both went through the exact same process. Not sure why the strain hunters is acting so delicate.

Comment

Don't overcrowd your space. To get the highest yield, regardless of strain, each plant needs to have a great environment and conditions to flourish. Just because your space can hold 16 plants, doesn't mean it's the smartest thing to try and grow that many in that size space. I grow Critical Kush and it is, for the most part, a shorter and bushier plant. But I have 3 flowering on my back deck right now (was using for mothers and decided to change my process) flowering off and the biggest is one of the Kush plants. It's nearly 6' tall and should still continue to gain some size for another 3 or 4 weeks. You just can't beat the sun for light. I love growing outside, but it's still illegal in my state and no need to take unnecessary chances when I've got enough growing in the back bedroom to send me to jail for a LONG time. LOL If this is your first SOG, take the time to really read up on doing one and check out as many pics as you can find just for reference. Good luck with yours and let us know how it goes. We are considering doing one soon here. TWW

Comment

Working...
            X