My brilliant idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My brilliant idea

This is my first time grow and I started out with what knowledge I have from thirty years ago watching with my grandfathers and a couple Science classes.
    First thing I did wrong: No research, Miracle Grow moisture control is what I mixed with plain bag top soil in plastic cups. They germinated under peat moss and they started budding four weeks later Don't know for sure why, I figure I left them on my porch in part time sun after decided to research it finally where I also learned fimming. So I finmmd one plant but must have cut to much off because instead of 4 branches I only got three and I put them in the sun into 2 1/2 gallon pots still in the Miracle Grow 50/50. Then transferred them into 7 gallon pots in organic soil. I had to drill little finger size holes in the bottom of both pots.
    I'm getting a ph meter I water them from well water but it's rained a lot. Right where the colas are starting to form the vegetation is starting to turn yellow, leaving me to believe the ph is high. Because I'm a gluten for punish, before I feed them to bloom, should I flush the soil to get rid of the chemicals from the Miracle Grow?
    They are pretty tough plants. I have ms and dropped these two a couple times
    Last edited by garywithms; 07-07-2015, 01:52 AM.

Hi Gary. Sounds like you have it pretty much under control there.
    First off, the fimming has never been an exact science. 3 shoots is just great. You should have also noticed that the lower section of the plant gets much thicker and bushier after fimming.
    Your plants look quite healthy from the picture. Hard to make out any yellowing. Your plants will naturally lose the very lowest of their leaves when flowering, but this should happen from the bottom up. Can you post a better picture of the yellowing?
    Your pH meter will tell you what you need to know and you can then deal with it accordingly.
    Many growers flush between veg and flower. It would be a good first measure against your yellowing, which could be caused by a nutrient issue (most commonly a N deficiency). A flush acts like a reset button before you start with some decent bloom nutes.
    The miracle grow is a controversial subject. A lot of people use it but I wouldn't touch it and I guess from your comments that you have heard this elsewhere too. The flush should help remove that too.
    Lastly, are you sure they have gone into flower? I can't see any signs from your pictures. Although it varies from place to place and strain to strain, it is a bit early for outdoor plants to be flowering in the northern hemisphere, most won't start for about a month or so. Can you send better pictures of the tips?

Comment

• garywithms
      garywithms commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess I didn't get a notification anyone responded. The one I fimmed was a male. Now I've pruned them and stuck them in the sun where I had to put a stake at today because I have 2 buds that are heavy and branches can't hold it up.

It's right
    around the colas (I assume its the cola) I've never tried this before but I did but premium seed. Depending on how well this turns out I think next it will be all feminized seeds. Flushing, I did it today 15 gallons of spring water each. We don't have any stores but Lowes to buy anything for gardening so I stuck the hose next to the root. It doesn't start budding here until Aug first. Thanks for the help

Comment

Hi Gary. They look fine to me. New growth comes in a bit lighter and yellower. Are you sure it's not just vibrant new leaves that you're seeing? Your plants are loving the sun there. Looking great.

Comment

Working...
      X