Growing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing

I have been cloning for a short while with success, but the latest clones won't sprout roots, Why? Too much water maybe? Also my adult plants don't seem to be flowering or are very slow? HELP

I'm overwhelmed by the response.

Comment

The forum is mostly peopled by stoners. Sometimes answers take more than a day Skip ;-)
      The obvious question to ask is what has changed. If you've had a good success rate at cloning then something must have changed for that to have stopped.
      Tell us what your cloning system is and try to think what has changed since last time. It might even be the strain you are using. Some clone easier than others. Also consider if it is a different time of year. Is it warmer/cooler? Have humidity levels changed? Light levels?
      You mention too much water. Are you using different quantities of water than last time?
      Are the clones in the same room as the adult plants? If they are then something must have changed to affect both of them. What could it be?
      Cloning is not always exact anyway. Sometimes you simply get better results than others. Keep plugging away at it while you're thinking about some of these questions.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the reply. Sorry I'm just anxious and getting low on herbal refreshments. My cloning system is inside a grow closet, with constant light, a humidity dome, I placed the clones in those plant cubes after cutting on a 45% and dipping in rooting compound in a per-lite bed and watering daily and moistening the plant itself. Also the flowering stage on my mature plants is extremely slow. The only thing that is different is I moved the plants from my house ( air conditioning to no air ) in the garage in a room I set up. I'm using the proper 12&12 light cycle and nutrients with a fan blowing over the top of the plants. Could it be too hot? They just seem to getting bigger. Any suggestions? Thanks

I just cooked a bunch of clones a couple of runs ago, tried to germinate seeds with a heating mat and get clones to root on top of that, got too hot for the clones! Lesson learned Next batch, no heat pad, they all came out fine!

Comment

Hard to say about the clones. Compared to my own cloning experience yours sounds pretty wet. But if it's been working for you then there's no reason for it to stop. Mine had indirect light and I found that the ones that got sprayed/watered the most ended up rotting in the cubes. I started putting them in another room where they only got misted once per day and my success rate shot up.
        As for the flowering, how long have you been on 12/12. Some plants are slower than others to respond. 'No air' sounds like a bad thing. Your plants need a good supply of clean air to be able to extract fresh CO2. The fan blowing over the top is good, but do they get fresh air from outdoors? Heat can definitely be an issue. What temps are you running in there?

Comment

We where misting our plants twice a day & pouring a little on the cube. Only 2 of 6 have sprouted roots. The mature plants have been in the 12/12 for about 6 weeks no flowering yet. No on the fresh outside air. I thought the fan would draw in fresh air. Also the temp in the room is what ever is outside we have no air conditioning. I didn't know the temp would matter being a weed. Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

Temp does matter a bit. Sometimes under lights temps can get way above what is outdoors. If you're into the 90s and more then your plants are going to be stressed. There is more wiggle room than a lot of sites will tell you, but it is an issue. What maximum temps do you have?
            Outside air is the ideal, a constant air change within the grow space is a must. If it is sealed and there is no fresh air exchange then your plants will use up all the CO2 in the air. The same as if you were in a room with no air exchange. After a while there would be no oxygen left, no matter how much you moved the air around with a fan. You will know yourself if the area is sealed up or not. The internal fan should drag some fresh air in so long as it is not sealed up.
            Having said this, temp and ventilation is not a good reason for your plant to not be flowering after 6 weeks. They would slow flowering and affect yield but shouldn't stop it altogether. The fact that your plants continue growing makes it sound like they are still in veg. I know this might sound stupid, but have you checked that your light is going on and off properly at the right 12 hour times? Your plants require 12 hours of absolute darkness to flower. Other than having their dark period interrupted I can't think of another reason they are not flowering.
            Some of the big tropical sativas take a long time to show flowers (although I have never heard of 6 weeks). What strain are these plants?

Comment

A picture would help, but as Schmokin says, 6 weeks is too long, something is not right? The longest I have seen indoors is 3 weeks of 12/12... I wonder if you started to flip them too early that they may have just waited, how tall are the mature plants?

As for the clones, temp and humidity are IMO, the two most important issues. With rockwool, I do not put any additional water on the plants until they are completely dried out, then just enough to 'flush' and show a puddle underneath. Leave the puddle, let it provide humidity to the underside of the cube. The roots will search down there for that source of moisture. Too much water and they just never root, plants will take in water from the misting and not have any need to develop roots. More so in Rockwool than in dirt from my experience...

Comment

Working...
              X