Newwbie Trouble with Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newwbie Trouble with Space

Hi so I've been trying to construct a stealth bucket grow system, but the only place that i can crow it is under my bead ( its a loft so its 2 ft above the ground. Most of the brow tents I've seen online wouldnt fit. Do u think there is a way to make a safe grow system under 2 ft tall. I have more width wise then height. also i have a grow light underneath but i feel like it may be too close and may cause burn or dryness, I'm also concerned that it may overheat underneath, would one small fan be sufficient to prevent overheating? I plan on using the SCOG method to keep the height of the plant down.
    Also what are some good homemade growbox ideas?

For me 2 feet s too low for a grow. Remember you have to account for the light and the pot in that space too.
    Having said that, I'm sure that it could be done. I've done 3 feet with no problems at all. Check out some of the pc grow boxes here. These guys are using a similar space. Could you fit a PC tower in there?
    You will need to think carefully about strain selection and will probably need to do some training.
    Please make sure it is safe and give it a dry run first. The thought of all that heat and electricity under your bed whilst you are asleep concerns me.
    Let us know what you come up with.

Comment

• zachdukegrow
      zachdukegrow commented
      Editing a comment
      do think using cfls instead would be safer then actual grow lights? because then i could keep the lights closer the the plants and farther from the walls and such, also i have about 5 feet in width to work with. Whats a PC tower?

Check out the link in my comment. A PC tower is just the box in an old, pre laptop computer.
    CFLs would be safer. They throw out much less heat. My first grows were with CFLs and I got some pretty good results. Remember you want to look at the color on them. WIll be marked in K. For veg you want a cool white - around 6500K. For flower you want warm white - 2700K. Youtube some CFL grows and see what people are doing with them.

Comment

Hi Zach. Was looking at some stuff the other day and found this. Might be of interest to you.

Comment

Working...
      X