Which spectrum is best

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which spectrum is best

I have 2 auto flowering little babies that r just out of seedling stage and I was preparing to switch the light time and spectrum and the nutrients for flowering. I recently read that it wasn't necessary to change the light time or spectrum with these "AWESOME" new seeds. I am new to being an indoor gardener and would appreciate any insights I can get from my more seasoned gardeners. Please help me with as many details that would allow me to harvest the best "flowers" possible.

P.S.

What is the procedure for topping? Sorry for so many questions all at once...

That's right Skunkfart. There is no need to change lighting when growing autoflowering cannabis. Some people leave them on 24/24 but others say that this stresses the plant too much. Just leave them on 20/4 or 18/6 from start to finish. That should do the trick nicely.
    As for topping, there are lots of low stress training techniques that you can use. Follow the link to check some out. Or look it up on youtube, there's lots of information out there.

Comment

There is no need to change the lighting with autoflowering strains. There is not really any need to top them anyway. Being as they flower automatically, topping them will just knock them back a bit. You don't really have enough time to reap the benefits of topping.

Comment

Which spectrum is best

It is now well known that you do not have to change the time or spectrum for Autoflowering. But which spectrum should you use for the whole cycle, the Blue or the orange which is normaly used for the flowering stage?
        Any thoughts on this?

Comment

If you can only afford one type of light with regular plants I would always go with the red end (HPS) and I guess this must be the same for autoflowering.

Comment

Hi
            If you have to choose only one type of lighting for your cannabis stick to HPS.
            However, have you thought about using HPS as your main HID light and putting in some CFLs around the walls and at the lower levels of your plant? This will help light the lower sections that can sometimes be overshadowed by the upper reaches. It will also add in some blue end spectrum to help with the veg phase. CFL grow lights come in a variety of spectrums and, above all, won't break the bank.
            Let us know how you got on.
            S

Comment

Have you ever thought about buying an LED Grow Light, in the long run they are cheaper option?

Comment

I appreciate that, still lots of work to do
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 01-17-2015, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X