old strains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old strains

hello all at HTGM, are the newer connoisseur strains better for the money than the older landrace strains that were grown in the west coast/north west ? Seems the connoisseur seeds are out of poor patients budgets. I for one can not buy 3 seeds for say 85 bucks. Some of us have to stay stealthy and not just go up to a grower/ pollen slinger and get some seeds. Getting clones is easy, but you might end up with a bug ridden or sick plant. Plus you have to take the persons word that it is the strain they say it is.(same as in ordering seeds).
    I'm still not sure what my girls are... indica traits by the fan leaves ?

TIA crazy

A lot of seed company's online have what they call mixed bag of seeds that are on the cheap side and do discreet shipping. As for knowing what you have well you really wont be able to tell until its mature to get a good idea what ya have.

Comment

you mention Clones - when I buy clones and take them home they get placed on the kitchen table and they are gone thru with a magnifier looking for any evidence of "the bad shit" then I spray them anyway with neems - then they go into my grow area. I have found that to be a real good idea. Try looking into Herbies seed bank or The Vault. they give free seeds at times which helps your own bank out. This is not an easy hobby - ya just can't throw seeds on the ground and expect to get anywhere it takes time and patience and luck and even some doctoring from time to time. If you do get a bug problem it is time to sterilize the grow area - you know - an army surplus flame thrower works, or bleach - slo

Comment

Thanks Katzie.. Thanks slo-han.. since this is my first time growing in 25 years I went with free bag seed. I haven't even tried clones... but I got access to some. "If you do get a bug problem it is time to sterilize the grow area - you know - an army surplus flame thrower works, or bleach - slo "... funny shit slo.. easy to make a flame thrower.. I'll keep both in mind for "if" it happens. I'm still on a below poverty budget...but the family and I survive. This is why I was asking about connoisseur strains versus local cali strains.
        Happy Growing crazy

Comment

Hey Crazy, I'm kinda like you in that it is hard for me to pay 8- 10 bucks a seed from the seed banks. It just sounds to high to me when you can get healthy clones for that price or cheaper.

Comment

What I resent is on top of that 8 to 10 dollars, they want you to pay more to make sure you receive it!! When pot becomes legal and we can trade with one another and buy seeds locally these European seed houses can go to hell! But until that time, we are stuck. Mega

Comment

Funky new connoisseur strains may be a bit better, but the old school strains are as good as they ever were. If you liked them back in the day you'll still like them now. It's nice to keep up to date with all the new stuff. But you don't have to.
              If it is easier to get clones than seeds then do that. Follow the advice given above and maybe quarantine them for a bit, make sure they are healthy and bug free. You only need one good lady to get going. Turn her into a mother and just keep growing and harvesting her babies.
              Good luck.

Comment

Thanks ole man, Mega nute , and Schmokin.... cloning is something I'll try later with a couple bag seed I have left. I have heard and seen recently of a one person breeder here in Cali... been watching a few threads else where about her beans.. Hopefully I can get some from her... time will tell.....

crazy

Comment

Working...
                X