Autoflowering Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoflowering Questions

So I have a few questions about auto flowering seeds for anybody that has used them. First I am going to be growing in a 6'8 tall grow tent and looking for a good Auto flowering seed that will at least reach 4ft or 5ft in height if possible. Does anyone know of any auto flower strains that can reach this potential height being grown indoors in a tent? Any info would be appreciated I was going to grow old school and do my own light cycle but I was looking over other forums and it caught my interest since I am a first time indoor grower and thought I would try auto's instead but I would highly appreciate any info thanks.

HI Dark Lotus. Thought I'd move this post here to its own thread and you may get more answers.
    Cheers

Comment

Hi Darklotus. I have some experience with autos. Never anything as big as that though. I have found with autos that there can be a lot of variation within the same strain with some individuals being much bigger than others.
      I did have an Auto Somango that was in a very small space under CFLs. I had to train her low but I'd say she deffo had the potential to be about that tall. Here's my diary on her https://forum.howtogrowmarijuana.com/...-somango/page2

I have read some good stuff about Think Different. http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/canna...ink-different/ think there are some youtube clips about it too. Dinafem also do an XXL range. They might be worth taking a look at.
      Last edited by Saturnalia; 10-11-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

You have to remember they are on a time line so a deep pot is nice(3gal/4gal/5gal) a gal gal should be about right to get a taller plant. I grow tall plants photo's not auto's. you will have to experiment with diff pot sizes and diff strains. part of the fun is growing diff strains.

Comment

Thanks guys I was researching today and was seeing that a deep pot and good aeration makes autos grow better. Also Saturnalia I had seen that Dinafem has xxl seed so I think I will look into them. Its going to be for personal use but I got me and my father in law and we smoke about a ounce a month a peace so I was looking for a decent size auto. Again thanks to both of you for the advice. I heard to use a MH bulb for the first few weeks until the plant shows it's sex then switch to HPS bulb but I have read conflicting arguments on the forums that some say just use the HPS through the whole auto flower process and other people say use the MH then switch to HPS could some one let me please clarify this for me so I know which way is better thx?
          Last edited by DarkLotus760; 10-12-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

getting a HID is cheaper but heat can become an issue. What is the size of your grow area? that will tell us what size light you need.

Comment

I'm not worried about the lite DC420 but the space is 4x4x7 and the light is 1kHPS. What my question is that I want to know which is better to use the MH bulb through the whole grow or use the HP through the whole grow. I have seen people say use the MH bulb through the whole auto grow then I have seen others say use the HPS through the whole grow. I have also seen people say use the MH bulb through the first 2 weeks then switch to a HPS bulb for the finish. What I am wondering which method is better for an auto flower?

Comment

Working...
              X