Grow difficulty ratings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grow difficulty ratings

Seeds seem to have a 'Growing Difficulty' rating.
    Like easy, moderate etc

What criteria is used to rate the strains?

What makes one strain easy and another advanced, for example?

Thanks

Hi Bob
    Some strains are really tolerant of different growing conditions and will flourish whether you feed them loads or starve them. Others are more sensitive to nutrient requirements and show signs of deficiency or overfeeding really easily.
    The same can be said about extreme temperatures or fluctuations in temperature, resistance to mould and other pests, pH fluctuations, soil composition etc. You get the picture, some are more sensitive than others.
    Some ratings also take into account very large plants which can be trouble to contain in small growing spaces and, as a consequence, will require the use of a variety of training techniques.
    As a general rule, and it is a massive generalisation, but indicas and indica dominant strains tend to be easier to grow than sativas or sativa dominant strains.
    This is likely to be as a result of their adaptation to harsh mountain environments whereas sativas evolved in warmer wetter environments with more consistent conditions.
    To be honest though Bob. With a bit of love and care you should be able to grow any strain of weed, they're all pretty easy. If you are confident in your growing then it need only be size that you consider as an obstacle to growing any particular strain.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Nicely said! Mega

Comment

I was going to jump in here and put my two cent in, but I can't say anything that Schmokin didn't say. He speaks the truth. In fact, right now I have a plant that I think is a cross between skunk #1 and Northern Lights, and it is such a pain I am considering tossing it. It is just so finicky to anything you do (or don't do). I am hoping to get some seeds out of it since it is an F1 and I want the F2's, but jeez... I definitely wont be doing any back-crossing to it. I want to make strains that want to grow. This feel like when you are trying to help someone who isn't trying to help them self.

Comment

Working...
        X