Ok 1st learn about strains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok 1st learn about strains

ok im looking at a 2ft x 2ft x 4ft space, only going to grow 1 plant, what strain would give me more yield for the area, i've seen the sog method too and basically understand the method, my lighting will be led and cfl if needed prefer the led i know its costly but surely some soldering skills i can diiy it just need to know also what wattage for area thanks

back track my self best stick to cfls lol easy option
    Last edited by Tokinblackman; 04-04-2014, 03:47 PM.

I know you will be using CFL and LED but to give you an idea. 1000 watt light will cover about 7 x 7 feet of growing area. A 600 watt will cover 6 x 6 feet, a 400 watt will cover 4 x 4 feet, and a 250 watt will cover 3 x 3 feet. I am using a closet with plant thats 2ft wide 4ft long 8ft high in a spare bedroom and i have a 280w LED panel in it right now for 12/12. During veg i had 2 150W CFL's on the sides and a 100w LED panel on top.

Comment

Hi there
      Is yield your only consideration?
      You can search the seed banks for large yielding strains. Sensi for example has an XXL section.
      Try going through the extensive strain list on this site. They all give a rough idea of potential yields.
      Off the top of my head I would say something like Big Bud. But I would not grow it myself becuase it is fairly low quality.
      Is the weed for yourself? Do you like getting really zombied out on the sofa or do you prefer a nice giggly high?
      Or is it for medicine, are you looking for pain relief or appetite stimulation?
      There's lots of variety to choose from. You could consider effects and flavours and then opt for a big yielder in the type of weed you prefer.

Comment

its not big yield for personal im don't go mainly of different high its also taste the yield isnt going to be massive due to 16 cubic ft of space if that's correct calculation, as im new to this and gathering info before i jump in as much pointer always helps and prepare lol, im a geek and technology minded i like to over engineer things so i thought id mix both together and make a single hydroponics stealh box i plan to have it controlled by a ardunio, but first ill start with basic first get my box made

i want my 1st plant to be a white widow as thats my top fav but like as new and limited spave need to learn and read about everting 1st just is it possible get the plant stay at certain height, ive read that it can grow 2/3 of its size when budding and having 4ft of space is thinking will i have room
        Last edited by Tokinblackman; 04-04-2014, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Mbrozack
          Mbrozack commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not try big bud crossed with white widow? You get the best of both worlds, yield and potency!

Originally posted by Tokinblackman View Post
        its not big yield for personal im don't go mainly of different high its also taste the yield isnt going to be massive due to 16 cubic ft of space if that's correct calculation, as im new to this and gathering info before i jump in as much pointer always helps and prepare lol, im a geek and technology minded i like to over engineer things so i thought id mix both together and make a single hydroponics stealh box i plan to have it controlled by a ardunio, but first ill start with basic first get my box made

i want my 1st plant to be a white widow as thats my top fav but like as new and limited spave need to learn and read about everting 1st just is it possible get the plant stay at certain height, ive read that it can grow 2/3 of its size when budding and having 4ft of space is thinking will i have room

Comment

Testing123 testing

Comment

Sorry about dead post, but I have been having problems with the site asking me to sign in like 3times in one cessation and when I write a message and hit send it goes back to home page makes me sign in again, I do and then my message is gone and have to start all over! It's pissing me off!! Anyway I wanted to say hello Tokinblackman! There are so many strains of white widow, you say you have a favorite out of the pile of strains? Well whoever the breeder is you should try and connect with him or her and they will be more than happy, usually! I have had some that will not talk about any growing only cataloging your seeds in and album! You would be surprised how many will talk to you. And it may not be the breeder, but and associate will usually tell you where you can find that information.ask others if they have used this strain.that way you know how this strain will react and wether you can do a sea of green or something else that will give you the bang for the buck( the most buds). Good luck, mega nute

Comment

If it's your first grow my friend and you only plan on growing one plant then obviously sog is not the way you are going to go.
              You have limited space, so you wanna keep the plant squat. You do this by topping it. Generally let the plant establish itself say by growing to 4-5 nodes, then top. Let these two new shoots grow for a few inches then top again. This way you'll.keep your plant attached manageable size, and also get a decent yield.

Comment

Hi Meganute. There has been maintenance work and upgrading going on on the site. Maybe it is this that affected you. Any issues with the site please pm me or admin so that we can get it fixed. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokinblackman View Post
                  ok im looking at a 2ft x 2ft x 4ft space, only going to grow 1 plant, what strain would give me more yield for the area, i've seen the sog method too and basically understand the method, my lighting will be led and cfl if needed prefer the led i know its costly but surely some soldering skills i can diiy it just need to know also what wattage for area thanks

back track my self best stick to cfls lol easy option
                  Hello Tokinblackman,.. I have the exact same size grow area,.. and one plant would do vary well,.. but I went with two plants first time which requires a lot of trimming and 24" is just not enough space for two squat bushy plants,.. I'm growing CBC Critical Cure from Barney's Farm and CBD Crew,.. they are a short strain 50 to 70 CM,.. some Indica Kush strains are short or Dwarf auto flowering type would do well in 24"X24"X48" space,..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Braegnok; 04-12-2014, 11:23 PM.

Comment

@ braenok. Your set up looks very professional. Nice and clean, looking very hygienic. And your plants are looking very good too. I too have several plants that look exactly like yours, they are :- northern lights x skunk 1# very squat in appearance, in fact they the smallest I've ever grown. I've just put them into flower and they stretched about 3in in about 5 days. And not stopped yet Back to yours, like I said, very good set up and healthy looking plants.

Comment

Working...
                    X