Stealthy Drying Options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealthy Drying Options

Hi I have 8 plants outdoors getting ready to bud so I need some ways to dry them. Haven't done this before. Was wondering how much they smell in the drying process? If I dry them inside will you be able to smell them outside the window? Sometimes the boss comes up to my house but never inside. Would a dehumidifier reduce the smell? Would using a fruit dehydrator work to quickly dry the cabbage for making oil or would it make a harsher smoke? thanks

Welcome budz

Good questions. Never used a dehumidifier in the drying process before. Just thinking about it would make me worry about losing potency. The dehydrator, same thing. These questions would be hard for me to answer, as I have never even considered quick~drying the finished. Others here might know more about the use of a dehumidifier.

I was taught to let them slow~dry on screens once their cut to branch size till I could get to them, to manicure. I keep mine in a dark area with a fan on low inside and the temp a cool 65~70 degrees to preserve the potency for about 2~3 weeks. I also use a 9 inch built~in exhaust fan I installed in the Growing/drying area to keep air circulating thru.

Since you have a stealth issue, your ideas could be considered, but don't know for sure how affective it would be, with~out losing some potency.

Photos below were of 8 plants, all of which I had to hang, as I was called away to help a friend build his new workshop. They hung for two weeks before I could get back and process them. Luckily, no neighbors or friends popping in to worry about. Hope this helps some, Good Luck.

DSCN1897.JPG W.jpg DSCN1915 W.jpg

DSCN1929.JPG DSCN1912.JPG

Attached Files

Comment

The harvest is when your crop produces the most odour. To eliminate the odour completely is to harvest in a sealed room with a in line extraction fan exhausting the air from that room with a carbon filter. Once you have finished trimming you then hang what you want to and the popcorn etc you can use a drying net. I like to use slightly higher temps than Blaze 68-73 degrees and often have to use a dehumidifier to keep the room humidity between 50-55%.
      The room humidity and temps are very important to high temps and low humidity the bud will dry to quick and smell like old hay and not taste so great. The reason for me using the humidifier is i often have high humidity what can cause bud rot if that happens you can lose a lot bud and possibly all if your not vigilant.

Comment

Working...
      X