Brown Mold During Harvest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Mold During Harvest

Hi, I was planning on harvesting in the next few days and yesterday I found some brown mold on one of the branches. I cut it off right away, cut off the moldy bits, and hung it up to dry. Now I see there is more on other branches. Yikes! Can I just do what I did with it yesterday and cut it out where I see it, and then hang them inside?

I guess my main question is, if I cut the mold off really well and then trim the other buds and hang it up, will the mold keep growing inside my bedroom where they are hanging? Are all my wonderful buds ruined?

I could use a block of cheese with my whine.

Do you have a fan on it? - slo

Comment

If the plant is ready for picking and it is mature, by all means cut out mold and quick dry what you have left.all moldy stuff goes in a plastic bag and out to the can outside! You don't want to have those mold spores in the air. Without a picture it is really hard to tell if the plant should be worked on or is it a hopeless and needs to be thrown out! If you are able to raise temp in house and use circulating fans to keep air moving! If you can get a pick up like Slo said, it would help a lot. Later, Mega.

Comment

I do now! I just hope some is left after this fiasco.

Originally posted by slo-han View Post
        Do you have a fan on it? - slo

Comment

I've put a fan on them like you and slow-han suggest. I've snipped off any brown well above the mold in hopes it won't spread and I've got about 2/3 of the buds left so hopefully it will be ok from now on. In the end this was almost purely for fun because I just don't smoke that much and was thinking of giving most of it away anyway.

Originally posted by Mega nute View Post
          If the plant is ready for picking and it is mature, by all means cut out mold and quick dry what you have left.all moldy stuff goes in a plastic bag and out to the can outside! You don't want to have those mold spores in the air. Without a picture it is really hard to tell if the plant should be worked on or is it a hopeless and needs to be thrown out! If you are able to raise temp in house and use circulating fans to keep air moving! If you can get a pick up like Slo said, it would help a lot. Later, Mega.

Comment

Keep a good eye on them. Mould blooms start from well within the bud so when you actually see it it can already be advanced and it spreads real quick.
            Putting the fan on them is a double edged sword. You need good air movement to dry them, but at the same time this will spread any missed spores. Watch them all the time. Immediately remove any more mould you see. When you remove it, turn off the fan and handle it as gently as possible and bag it up there and then. Mould spores really do get everywhere.
            Are they hanging with lots of space around each bud, rather than bunched up?
            I have had this happen and by following all the information here and above managed to save well over half of the bud. Don't worry too much, but keep your eyes on them.

Comment

Well after a day with the fan everything looks good so far. It was moving fast so anything to slow it down and it does seem slowed now. I am keeping them spread out on a long piece of twine so there's plenty of space between them. Thanks for the info, too.

Originally posted by Schmokin View Post
              Keep a good eye on them. Mould blooms start from well within the bud so when you actually see it it can already be advanced and it spreads real quick.
              Putting the fan on them is a double edged sword. You need good air movement to dry them, but at the same time this will spread any missed spores. Watch them all the time. Immediately remove any more mould you see. When you remove it, turn off the fan and handle it as gently as possible and bag it up there and then. Mould spores really do get everywhere.
              Are they hanging with lots of space around each bud, rather than bunched up?
              I have had this happen and by following all the information here and above managed to save well over half of the bud. Don't worry too much, but keep your eyes on them.

Comment

Working...
              X