No announcement yet.

Pictures to help Sex Your Plant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks kbag. This makes for a good resource for people to check back to. Nice work.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm a first time grower and I'm hoping one of you can help me out. I started the 12/12 light cycle 11 days ago and I'm starting to see flowers. But they are still tiny, no more than a millimeter in length. I am assuming that both male and female flowers look similar when they are young and at some point the pistils come out of females and then you can tell a difference between the two sexes. If this is the case, I am not completely sure if I am looking at males or females with the pistils still inside the flower. So I guess my question is how large do the female flowers get before the pistils start showing? The pictures look great and are very helpful but because of the zoom I can't really tell how big the flowers are. The one with the pencil makes me think about 5 millimeters but the flower looks more mature so I'm not sure if that's how large it was when the pistils first showed.

Edit: Also, it looks like males grow in bunches but females look like a single flower. Is that correct?
      Last edited by stas111; 09-20-2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I just had to wait another day or two. I can clearly see the difference now. Thanks again for great photos. They helped a lot.

Comment

These pics helped so much thx

Comment

Im assuming 2 males here?

Comment

Yes LarrySahr those be males!!!! And i see spidermite webs and actually see them at the top of the plant in the 2nd picture.
              Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 03-07-2015, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks Katzie.. and yes, you have a good eye! I have a bit of a spider mite problem with a few plants.. I'm using neem oil which has mild success. Any thoughts?

Comment

From what i know neem oil is the thing to use, of course things just dont change overnight so keep up with the neem oil till they're gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X