Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need advice on plants. complete beginner. all opinions welcomed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice on plants. complete beginner. all opinions welcomed!

just messing around seeing if i can actually do this before going out and spending alot of money. good or no? shoot opinions.

They look OK but are stretching for the light. What access to light do they have?

Comment

i have a florescent an 4 cfls. what height away do you recommend?

Comment

As close as you can get them without burning the plants. What size bulbs do they have?

Comment

3 of them are 23w and 1 is 26w

Comment

It's not a lot of energy. Should veg OK but you might get fluffy under developed buds. Give it a go though. Maybe concentrate them on the one or two best plants rather than stretching it too thin.....If you can afford it a couple more of those bulbs, or swapping some for a higher wattage, will really help you.
            Do the bulbs have a number like 2700K or 6500K marked on them?
            What sort of soil do you have in the pots?
            Do you have any feed?

Comment

i believe they are all 2700k. i can get more of them. im using just some regular potting soil. no feed yet what do you recommend

Comment

the bigger ones are about 3 weeks in

Comment

2700k are for flowering you need 6500k is for vegetative growth

Comment

ok thank you for the help just trying it out. ill go get some of those lights

Comment

Hi Sledge
                      Yeah, get some slightly bigger lights. Those CFLs go up to 250W. More smaller lights is actually more efficient than one big one - so 4 X 25W is better than 1 X 100W.
                      2700K is best for flower but will suffice for veg. The best thing is to have a range, so some at 6500K, and some at 2700K, You can get 4600K as well, which will also help you. Natural sunlight features all wavelengths, so the wider spectrum you cover the better.
                      If you can afford it buy some proper cannabis feed. Check out Ebay if you don't have a hydro shop. Otherwise, check out you garden centre and get some high nitrogen plant feed. This will be great for veg, although you will have to change it when they start to flower.
                      Let us know how you are getting on.

Comment

Working...
                      X