Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Grower with no experience

Hi there
    Cutting straight to the point never grown before and am thick as anything when it comes to understanding all this information on lighting keep reading more and more and getting more confused so decided to just ask straight out as you all seem to know best.

I have 2 female plants that are 2 weeks old and about to be replanted in go into a cupboard I have all the soil mix sorted out at the moment they are under a little light but the cupboard light is different

I have a Energy Saving Ceiling Light - Fluro that has two bulbs in it - it says its 1300 luman, 18 watt, 8000h and 4000 k length of unit is 73.5cm long x 16cm wide x 5.5cm deep.

Right so they are female seeds that have been purchased, now the light is this ok to grow with the whole way the cupboard is only 1.2m high says they grow to about 90cm, but can put into another full height cupboard if needed, so questions are:
    1. Will these lights be ok for total growth or do I need to get a red light for flowering
    2. is the height of cupboard ok or do I need full height
    3. If these bulbs are not ok for total grow can you advise me in simple stupid terms or post a link for what I should get as dont have any money to get more tubes
    4. Do I put above the plants and raise as they grow or can i put it vertical like alot of posts are saying

THANK YOU SO MUCH

You will be ok for the vegetative period with the 4000k tubes i have used these for clones until they are ready to go into main room. The only thing that concerns me are they powerful enough to see you all the way through the veg, great to start off with then maybe try and up the wattage. I suppose it really depends on what your hoping to achieve at the end.
    These lights will get you going and whilst they do i would suggest to try and get some cash together to get a dual spec cfl that way you can use 1 bulb all the way through the grow.
    I would also suggest to use the full height cupboard if you can its always best to have more than enough height than not enough.

Comment

Fantastic thanks for that will look into it at least the grow period gives me some time to save for the higher wattage or the other one if i get the cfl do you have an idea as to what I should get in the sense that the grow room is a wardrobe and like 1.1 wide x .58 deep and will only be one or two plants just grown to completion thanks again

Comment

300 watt would be no trouble in that space but they are large. What is your height of this cupboard? remember you will need air movement in the cupboard at the very least a oscillating fan. Ideally a inlet and outlet to help control temperature and humidity. You can use pc fans you can do this with a 12v power supply last time i done this i used an old laptop power supply to run 3 120mm pc fans. My best advice to you is to research closet grows there are many diaries out there of people growing in closets. Anything your confused on then of course ask in here, the planning of your grow will be the key to success.

Comment

Hi there. I think that your light is not powerful enough to grow your plants right through to the end. Get a few more of the same type of bulb (or one with higher wattage). Where your bulb says 4000K you should look for some that say 2700K. This is a better light (more red) for flowering. Small lights will allow your plants to veg, but will just produce small fluffy popcorn nuggets. Several small cfl bulbs are more effective than one big one. Try and build a housing for them something along these lines.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZyxchPzQ4Y

Comment

Oh I am so stupid told you could not even find my way back to find the answers lol thanks so much for all the comments off to read them now

Comment

It just seems over complicated when you start out. Once you have a couple of grows under your belt it will all make sense... :-)

Comment

Working...
              X