No announcement yet.

Newbies need to post more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said pitviper, i always get a kick out of friends or even family that ask a question and i think to myself "really they are asking me this?" when they have the same capability as me to get online with a flick of the wrist to whip out a smartphone and look up that foolish question and spare them the humility of asking for a easy solution they could have found in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Katzie_Wolf71 View Post
      Well said pitviper, i always get a kick out of friends or even family that ask a question and i think to myself "really they are asking me this?" when they have the same capability as me to get online with a flick of the wrist to whip out a smartphone and look up that foolish question and spare them the humility of asking for a easy solution they could have found in a heartbeat.
      i agree..,you dont have to order them from an underground bookstore like i did back in the day,I've seen complete books online even a couple that i bought years ago...reading is the key just like when we were kids in school.

Comment

im a newbie here and got a problem. in my 2nd week of blooming and I cant get the PH right in my hydro. when I first put all chem. in my tank PH is good. by next day it goes to red. any help advice would b appreciated and yes I did buy elite marijuana book and cant figure my problem out. im not seeing it in book and getting tired of changing out water. and im using 1/3 of all nutrients they say to use
        Last edited by Dedi; 01-25-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• pitviper
          pitviper commented
          Editing a comment
          by red?can you post an approximate metered reading number?
          and does that color indicate up?or down?

002.JPG 002.JPG on the color range its down id say around 4.5.using GHyponics PH scale and GH ferts. plant looks like this don't want to lose her
        Last edited by Dedi; 01-25-2015, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Get a digital pH meter if you're running a hydro setup. It will be far more accurate in taking pH readings.

Comment

so u think this is my problem? ill get 1 but what do think I should do until I get 1?

Comment

what type of set-up? e/f or dwc?
              are the roots in the solution?
              or are you using a flood table?
              if the roots are submerged in the nutrient,,,i'd check the roots for some kind of rot or fungus.
              if it's an ebb/flow check for debris in the tank and maybe temperature of the water in the res.
              using 1/3 nutes in an ebb/flow and a low ph doesn't happen that often unless the tank is is a bit too warm or has some decomposing leaf matter in it or both.
              also a digital pen should be used for the reasons that k wolf stated.
              those color coded checkers can be all over the map.
              actually the plants don't look bad,..although they do appear very slightly under fed.and maybe a magnesium deficiency

Comment

I think the temp of water in hydro should be between 20C - 22C if i remember correctly.

Comment

being a newbie and reading more than I post... here is a question... Is 8 blades on a fan leaf a normal trait ? I can get a pic if needed.
                  crazy

Comment

• Dedi
                    Dedi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I thought all leaves were odd in number like 3,5,7,11. but my plant had 12 points

• coconutisland
                    coconutisland commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It varies, early on they will sometimes have 3, then 5, 7, 9... generally in odd numbers but not unusual to see even numbers for a few leaves. Some just do not get a full set of the last little leaves... As a rule, the farther up the plant, the more leaves.

the type im using is a bubbleponics . and yes the roots are in water. no fungus on roots and tank is clean. like I said ive changed water a lot. water temp is now between warm and cool and yes it did have some kind of def. but from what I see its going away. this is my first grow doing hydro and was growing outdoors before, what im having a problem with is the nutrients, when I was veging I just used grow and micro. since then I looked at charts that say I should use all veg,micro and bloom. seems like a lot of nutrients just for a 5 gallon res. not counting all the magne. from all 3. looking at the feeding chart now for 2nd week of blooming. says 3ml per gallon on grow 7ml. per on micro 12ml. per bloom. that's like 15ml. of grow, 35 ml. of micro.and 60 ml. of bloom. seems a lot of nutrients for a 5 gal. res. is this a good chart to follow? the strain it is is called strain hunters no other as what kind or strain. done what they say when mag. def. showed, but didn't work
                  Last edited by Dedi; 01-25-2015, 11:00 PM.

Comment

posted this elsewhere, might help you here Dedi image_3642.jpg

Comment

• Dedi
                      Dedi commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ya iv'e seen these from what I can tell its nit. or mag. looks more like mag.
                      Last edited by Dedi; 01-25-2015, 10:53 PM.

hows the temp around the plants & canopy?
                    if it's a little too warm(over 82fh ambient temp) they'll start to take up more water than nutrient,causing the nutes to concentrate and the ph to drop.
                    i use gh myself,,,if they're in bloom,use the early flower mix,,,gh has a sufficient amount of magnesium if you use it at the proper dose per gallon(for DWC generally 1/2-2/3 recommended dose per gal).
                    the ph might have been okay the whole time,,,make sure the air flow is good an constant,,,and try to maintain a temp 78-80 around the plants.
                    their DTW(drain to waste)formula may be closer to what you should apply than the recirculating formula.
                    it's a slightly milder application.
                    Last edited by pitviper; 01-26-2015, 04:06 AM. Reason: added DTW suggestion

Comment

temp is around 70-72 degrees with led 600watt light around 77 degrees, ok ill try your mix and let you no how it turns out. still seems like a lot of nutrients for a five gallon res. should I change water or just keep whats in it. got a black cloth in front of grow area will open if needed for air flow oh was looking at ph testers, things are expensive. ill b on for awhile tonite
                      Last edited by Dedi; 01-26-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

I used a couple light doses from their expert dtw feeding schedule for veg and then gave a good flush with water, and i switched to 12/12 on jan 16th and gave the transition feeding on friday, takes a while for it to dry out since i use LED for light, then its water time, then i will do full dose of the week 5 feed amounts. I like the flora nova series for grow/bloom and i have all the supplements that i use too in the chart.

http://generalhydroponics.com/site/g...DTW-Charts.pdf
                        Last edited by Katzie_Wolf71; 01-26-2015, 05:07 AM.

Comment

looked at the sched. u sent, using flora nova. im using gh flora series seems different then my feeding sched.

Comment

Working...
                          X