Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just starting out and could use some help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting out and could use some help.

So a bit of background. I am all sorts of rookie at this, I've had a read through some information on here and it has been extremely helpful especially from a beginners point of view, thanks! So I'm trying out a small indoor grow (Random seed for practice). Box specs are as follows: Dimensions are 39"x29"x35 1/2" I use a 4" intake and 4" exhaust with 60cfm fan dampened down to about 40cfm. Inside of box is painted Matte white. Lights are 4 bank T5HO, 6500k, 25w per, light is approx. 4" from top of plant. Temp. In box ranges from 21C - 23C (69F - 73.4F) Plant is in 4" pot and I'm using a potting mix (.30-.10-.10) purchased from a hydroponics store. Water when the soil is dry which seems to be every couple days. Plant is 11 days old. I don't know humidity and PH, soon I will have the tools for this. My problem is that around the edging of the fan leaves (correct me if I'm wrong) there is some whiteish color change. I mentioned this to the gentlemen at the hydroponics store where I bought some gear from, he asked if I had put the plant through any changes in temp, I had moved it from my upstairs to my basement where the temp change went from 20C - 17.5C (68F -62F). The Gentleman believed I may have a bit of mold on the edges. See pic below. Can anyone back this info up or have any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!!
    Last edited by Emgee; 12-19-2014, 01:52 AM. Reason: Used brand name.

Thanks latewood! I will add a little patience to my grow.
    Cheers!

Comment

Welcome Emgee and glad to hear you did some reading here. All you have described sounds good. Your temp is way to low and should be between 80f~85f at all times, with humidity between 45%~50% if at all possible. pH at or close to 5.9~6.1 is ideal for soil, in my opinion.

If you warm your plant up, my feeling is that it will grow better and after a few days you can remove those couple moldy leafs with out any worry's. There going to need to removed anyway after the plant has grown and is ready for the flowering cycle.

Glad you posted a photo for us here to see. Looks like your doing everything right, but need to keep this little sprout warmer, Best of Luck.
      Last edited by Blaze4daze; 12-21-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Cheers Blaze, I brought up the temp. Going to see what I can find for ph and humidity testing equipment.

Comment

Working...
        X