99 % alcohol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 % alcohol

So, I went to rite aid to get some alcohol and got home to find it was 91% - so where are you guys getting 99.9% isopropyl alcohol? Is this a hardware thing? The Alcohol is cheaper than ever clear so am just wondering what's up with this - slo

Ok slo,
    This may be a stupid question but what is the alcohol for??????

Comment

Hi slo i buy my 99% isopropyl Alcohol off the bay i buy 5 litres at time or maybe more as i use it also for cleaning electrical equipment.
      @Darklotus growers use it for sterilizing there grow equipment most essential when doing cuttings.

Comment

91% is fine for cleaning clone equipment. if making oil 99 is needed.

Comment

I agree 91 percent is fine. I also use same strength when cleaning up with my mushroom grows! Mega

Comment

Ok thanks I was wondering because I heard you can use 99.9% alcohol for hash and oil but didn't know you used it to clean you your stuff for cloning. I have met people that use a bleach/water solution to clean equipment. Again thanks for the info.

Comment

if all you can get is everclear,i would use it,@200proof(100%} and its food grade and burns off just as clean an cool as 99%...
              91% has a little more water an to burn it off completely the cooker will have to run longer,i wouldn't risk the added time or heat when the oil may begin to burn away.
              especially if you're doin a small batch.

Comment

Thanks pit - U got me squared away - went and got the everclear - I'm ready to go with this experiment - even bought some burn cream - hee hee! - slo

Comment

Just look at the shelves. Your 91.1 was cheap because it's cheaper than 99.9. They should have both. Just look at the front of the bottles.

Comment

Where I was at they only carry 70% or 91% - they had no idea what I was talking about - everclear wins - slo

Comment

Working...
                    X