Watching paint dry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching paint dry

Well, it sure seems like it - my dang plants won't go clowdy and it's going on 8 weeks or more. This patience thing is hard on and old man! - slo

I know what ya mean slo, mine is still clear to. I think they still have a few weeks to go though. Patience my friend.
    Mike

Comment

It's worse than waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.....

Comment

The weather man say's were in for rain - I put some cover over them(umbrella type) but we are also having thick fog so..................slo

Comment

Well I checked the girls today and some are clowdy ans some have a few red/brown crystals so - what stage gives you an active stone and what stage gives you couch lock? I have never been involved with all the technical aspects - we would grow a field, pick out the males and when they got all sticky we pulled them, boiled the roots and dried them. This getting them at the desired time is new so if you can clear this up I would be mass obliged! - -slo

Comment

I know that feeling Slo. Have been up checking all the time. Mine are indoors and they're taking forever. I nipped a bit of the one that looks nearest ready and speed dried it yesterday. Looking good :-)
            I'm deffo waiting for a lot more amber this time. On my last crop I took them when I just saw the first ambers appear. I wanted something not too couchy. And it was good, but I found there was something missing. Although it's probably more about the strain than about the colour of the trichomes.

Comment

the early harvest is more energy. The longer it goes the less energy it has. If you are seeing 5% cloudy you can chop if you want more energy. Some like to wait till they get 20% cloudy.

Comment

Well, put the chop on the strawberry blue and the blue dream - I noticed the crystals were starting to degrade and turn brown. I'm thinking the blue type strains might not go amber? I cut a bud off each and will dry and smoke and see. They have been cloudy for a week(trichromes). The rest of my plants have also turned cloudy but will not amber up either? They have been in flower for over 9 weeks - WTF - slo

Comment

• dc420
                  dc420 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the brown means it doesnt have the amber or yellow/orange color. you want to havest when you get 5-25% brown then.

I know exactly what you guy's are going threw as I have been watching also! We are suppose to on and off rain until tomorrow night and then a cold front will bring 40's at night the rest of the week and 60's and 70's during the day. I am having a hard time getting my Girl Scout cookie to finish. I have set the timer so plants now have 12and1/2 hrs. of dark and 11 and1/2 of light. It almost reminds me of like when you have had a breach of light during the night as your plants will not grow much for two weeks and then it will start to flower again and you will get that foxtail effect where single flowers are growing on top of one another. I checked over and over and can't find a light leak! This plant is Hugh! I will put up picks of it tonight of the beast!! Later mega

Comment

Had my mentor out to go for it and he said not time? So, we watered and will wait for a week and look again - still no amber - slo

Comment

could ya hurry it up please , the suspense is killing me...lol

Comment

It seems to take longer when the weather is colder. I chopped mine last thur. and the branches have been hanging since and still not quite ready to start the cure. It's been cold and the humidity has been high, and gonna rain today and tomorrow so I put a small space heater in the room for tonight and the temp is holding about 74 deg. and the humidity is down to 50% now. Probably pluck them tomorrow and in the jars they'll go.
                      Good luck slo. Mike

Comment

Yeppers, I do believe the wait is over. They are quite cloudy looking but still no amber - temp has been at 62* and I like a buzz that is not to couchy. I think it's time to move on and will let you know how they turned out - peace - slo

Comment

Well, everything turned out great for an old rookie. All is in jars and placed away for times to come - I'm hooked - slo

Comment

It is and alway's will be a labor love! Many have tried and failed! Many more will become masters of their craft! I am having that same old feeling when I am in the middle and life is good to me.

Comment

Working...
                            X